Olive

Weekend Actuals:Brave 66.3M, Mad3 19.7M, Abe 16.3M, SaF 3.8M

Earth's Mightiest Heroes :wub: :wub: :wub:Can SWATH get to 170m?

I don't think it will be able to keep its theaters for long. Four movies are opening this weekend, TASM opens on Tuesday and Savages next weekend. All holdovers are going to get hit hard over the next 10-12 days.

I don't think it will be able to keep its theaters for long. Four movies are opening this weekend, TASM opens on Tuesday and Savages next weekend. All holdovers are going to get hit hard over the next 10-12 days.

Ah too bad.

As good of an opening as Brave had, was there anyone at the beginning of the year who expected The Lorax to open higher than Madagascar 3 and Brave?Although Im actually REALLY impressed by the legs of Madagascar 3, $200M+ is guaranteed at this point. Considering I was expecting it to bottom out at $140M, this is a surprising turn of events.

Saw Abraham Lincoln today. It deserves more. It is awesome.

LMAO is there any movie you don't like or thought was bad?You even liked Green Lantern. I can never get through the whole mess without changing channels.

LMAO is there any movie you don't like or thought was bad?You even liked Green Lantern. I can never get through the whole mess without changing channels.

I thought that in the day after seeing it. After that, I started to hate it. Do you really want a list on movies that I don't like :lol:?

I thought that in the day after seeing it. After that, I started to hate it. Do you really want a list on movies that I don't like :lol:?

Nah. I was just messing with you. I love to rib you about GL. That was an epic turnaround.
  • Like 1

Nah. I was just messing with you. I love to rib you about GL. That was an epic turnaround.

I was expecting to hate it, so I went with no expectations. When the movie ended I was like "meh, it wasn't that bad". Only some days after seeing I started to notice that the movie was pretty bad. :lol: Edited by CJohn

I was expecting to hate it, so I went with no expectations. When the movie ended I was like "meh, it wasn't that bad". Only some days after seeing I started to notice that the movie was pretty bad. :lol:

:lol:

I was expecting to hate it, so I went with no expectations. When the movie ended I was like "meh, it wasn't that bad". Only some days after seeing I started to notice that the movie was pretty bad. :lol:

That's how I was with The Last Airbender.

As good of an opening as Brave had, was there anyone at the beginning of the year who expected The Lorax to open higher than Madagascar 3 and Brave?Although Im actually REALLY impressed by the legs of Madagascar 3, $200M+ is guaranteed at this point. Considering I was expecting it to bottom out at $140M, this is a surprising turn of events.

I agree with both of these. Looking at the lineup for 2012, there's no way I would have picked Lorax as the animated film with the biggest OW. No. Way. Yet it is all but certain at this point. The big guns have come out and missed the mark. Madagascar 3 may run it down for the title of top grossing animated film of the year, but even then Lorax made it much closer than I ever would have believed.I'm also very impressed by Madagascar 3's run. It has held up extremely well. It's a good movie, though, so in that regard it is not a surprise. I thought Brave would have damaged it more this weekend than it did. 200M is looking like a lock.