Noctis

The Dark Knight VS The Avengers

108 members have voted

1. 1. The Dark Knight VS The Avengers

To be honest I think there is a strong possibility they are equally good and equally bad. Its just that TDK came out first. 

I have a lot of complaints about TDK but I overlook them cause well its TDK. 

That's a weird choice of words.

• Like 1

To be honest I think there is a strong possibility they are equally good and equally bad. Its just that TDK came out first. 

I don't know, the genius behind TDK was its screenplay. TDKR didn't have a screenplay anywhere near as good as TDK.

• Like 2

Possibility is not strong.

It is...

Nonexistent.

• Like 1

TDK was on AMC tonight for the first time. Hadn't watched it in over a year.

Last 10 minutes of TDK is still the best ending of any superhero movie. The showdown between Dent, Gordon, and Batman is heartbreaking. Felt bad for all three of them. Batman's sacrifice at the end still sends a chill down my spine. "I'm whatever Gotham needs me to be."

Ledger's performance was and still is phenomenal. Good luck to the poor sap that has to follow in his footsteps as the Joker at some point, but I truly hope the next actor somehow tops it. Likewise, I hope someone can top the ending in the future as well. You want to see progress, not regression in filmmaking.

• Like 3

TDK was on AMC tonight for the first time. Hadn't watched it in over a year.

Last 10 minutes of TDK is still the best ending of any superhero movie. The showdown between Dent, Gordon, and Batman is heartbreaking. Felt bad for all three of them. Batman's sacrifice at the end still sends a chill down my spine. "I'm whatever Gotham needs me to be."

Ledger's performance was and still is phenomenal. Good luck to the poor sap that has to follow in his footsteps as the Joker at some point, but I truly hope the next actor somehow tops it. Likewise, I hope someone can top the ending in the future as well. You want to see progress, not regression in filmmaking.

Nolan has some incredible endings in his filmography.

Begins, TDK, Inception, The Prestige, all have the ability to send chills down my spine.

Can't wait to watch The Dark Knight with story notes on AMC, whenever it's on.

Edited by MrPink

Robert Downey's performance was incredibly overrated and much like Affleck, it should be no problem for someone else to step up to the plate and give their rendition of TONY STARK and will be accepted..

Yea, that's pretty silly, even for you.  Downey's performance as Stark is the highlight of the series.

• Like 2

Yea, that's pretty silly, even for you.  Downey's performance as Stark is the highlight of the series.

He was making fun of BKB calling Heath Ledger's performance overrated which is honestly as ridiculous as saying RDJ as Stark is overrated

• Like 6

Heath Ledgers performance is not overrated, but I don't think he would have gotten an Oscar if he were still here today.

I do.  I think his performance is one of the best in the history of film and I think many felt the same way.

• Like 9

I do.  I think his performance is one of the best in the history of film and I think many felt the same way.

Me too, but I think the Academy would have snubbed him still simply because it's a CBM. It deserved a BP and BD nod too imo but it got snubbed horribly there.
  • Like 6