Noctis

The Dark Knight VS The Avengers

108 members have voted

1. 1. The Dark Knight VS The Avengers

I can agree with this. I rate them similarly overall (8/10), but I would give an edge to TDK because its ending is extremely memorable and poignant, while Avengers' ending attempts to be both of those things and doesn't succeed IMHO.

I know what you mean. My main problem with TDK was that it tried so hard to be a crime thriller for most of the film (in which it succeeds brilliantly at) but then we are shown two-face. So one minute it's a semi-realistic movie, then the next there's a guy running around with half a face. It unbalances things for me. Also I think Aaron ekhart (whatever his name is) is a great actor, but I found him to be quite weak in this film. Dare I say he gave a better performance in The core than he did in TDK. I know I'm probably alone on that.

While I greatly admire TDK, I don't believe it's plot and character development is as superior to TA as everyone claims. In some parts it feels more like a remake of Heat than a superhero movie, and it loses much of the goodwill built up in the first two acts by awkwardly rushing through Dent's turn to the dark side. Nolan's Kubrick like aloofness also works against the film - for example, I found Coulson's death to have more emotional impact than Rachel Dawes', even though the latter character has far more screen time. TA has flaws, too, but the constant sense of fun more than makes up for that. Overall, I would give TA an A and TDK an A-.

While I greatly admire TDK, I don't believe it's plot and character development is as superior to TA as everyone claims. In some parts it feels more like a remake of Heat than a superhero movie, and it loses much of the goodwill built up in the first two acts by awkwardly rushing through Dent's turn to the dark side. Nolan's Kubrick like aloofness also works against the film - for example, I found Coulson's death to have more emotional impact than Rachel Dawes', even though the latter character has far more screen time. TA has flaws, too, but the constant sense of fun more than makes up for that. Overall, I would give TA an A and TDK an A-.

Rachel Dawes is played by two unlikeable actresses while Coulson is played by a likeable actor. It's not surprising at all that Coulson's death meant more to you (or anyone else for that matter). Personally I was glad to see that whiny bitch die in TDK.

600M plus for TA says otherwise Red..

By that rationale Transformers 2 is the 14th best movie of all time. I'm sure baumer would happily agree, but most of us would say that's a crock of shit.

According to me they're both on the same level. Even though its apples and oranges as they're very different movies. Both are strong 8/10 imo.

• Like 1

The Dark Knight is a complex, brilliantly acted film with multiple themes and subplots and one of the most poignant and devastating endings in blockbuster history. The Avengers is Transformers 3 with better humor and dialogue. And that's not hating on Avengers, I really enjoyed it, perfect popcorn film. But the Dark Knight is the Godfather of superhero movies and one of the top five movies of the entire decade.

• Like 3

Red, the last 5 minutes of TA with HULK sucker punching THOR and HULK giving the beating to Loki blows the entire 2:30 minutes of TDK away with ease.. Oh and 606M says otherwise.. :bravo:

3D and 4 years of inflation says that.
  • Like 1

The last half hour of The Avengers is fantastic. The action scenes are absolutely amazing.On the other hand, the last half hour of TDK is tiring (Especially after the joker leaves the hospital). The scenes on the two boats are drawn out, the emotions forced and boring.

The last half hour of The Avengers is fantastic. The action scenes are absolutely amazing.On the other hand, the last half hour of TDK is tiring (Especially after the joker leaves the hospital). The scenes on the two boats are drawn out, the emotions forced and boring.

Yeah, TDK really should have ended a half hour before it did. If they'd just hinted at Harvey's transformation to Two-Face and saved that part of the story for the sequel it would have been close to perfect.

Yeah, TDK really should have ended a half hour before it did. If they'd just hinted at Harvey's transformation to Two-Face and saved that part of the story for the sequel it would have been close to perfect.

They did think about doing that but wanted a complete arc to Harvey in Tdk.

The Avengers is Transformers 3 with better humor and dialogue.

It's Transformers 3 with better humor, dialogue, characterization, pacing, acting, directing and action.In other words it's nothing like Transformers 3.
  • Like 7