Olive

Official France Box Office Thread

They don't. I just asked a film distributor in France who has access to the figures and who kindly gave them to me.

Friday's figure will increase from Thursday but will remain lower than Wednesday's. I'm expecting something around 40k admissions for Demon Slayer today. On the other hand, the figures for Saturday, Sunday and Monday will be big.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LPLC said:

They don't. I just asked a film distributor in France who has access to the figures and who kindly gave them to me.

Friday's figure will increase from Thursday but will remain lower than Wednesday's. I'm expecting something around 40k admissions for Demon Slayer today. On the other hand, the figures for Saturday, Sunday and Monday will be big.

In France, can Saturday x2 Friday? And Sunday remain flat from Saturday? 

13 minutes ago, PKMLover said:

In France, can Saturday x2 Friday? And Sunday remain flat from Saturday? 

I don't know, possibly but it's very possible that Saturday looks like Sunday.

We can expect something around 225k-275k admissions by Sunday and 300k-350k admissions by next Tuesday.

We just have to wait for Monday's numbers now.

Edited by LPLC
  • Like 2

I may have been a little conservative.

Comparing to Broly, this is what the first 5 days of Demon Slayer could look like :

Wednesday: 59k admissions

Thursday: 24k admissions

Friday: 37k admissions

Saturday: 93k admissions

Sunday: 102k admissions

Total: 315k admissions by sunday.

Monday will be big too and will look like Wednesday, and Tuesday will be like Thursday. So 400k admissions in the first week is possible.

Edited by LPLC
  • Like 3

21 hours ago, LPLC said:

I may have been a little conservative.

Comparing to Broly, this is what the first 5 days of Demon Slayer could look like :

Wednesday: 59k admissions

Thursday: 24k admissions

Friday: 37k admissions

Saturday: 93k admissions

Sunday: 102k admissions

Total: 315k admissions by sunday.

Monday will be big too and will look like Wednesday, and Tuesday will be like Thursday. So 400k admissions in the first week is possible.

Do you know how much admits for Friday? 

Here is a news which I did not expect and which is pleasing. Demon Slayer was #1 on Saturday, the biggest day of the week. It may still have a chance to be first of the week in front of Adieu Les Cons from the first week of theaters reopening in France.

• Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

According to my source, over 180k admissions Wednesday through Saturday for Demon Slayer with over 80k admissions on Saturday alone. If Sunday is stronger than Saturday, we can expect over 250k admissions for the first weekend and around 325k-350k admissions for the first week.

• Like 1

So...maybe 58/24/28/80/100/85/20 for 290k 5-day / 395k 7-day ?

In 2018 and 2019 in Paris, most films jumped 15-30% on sunday before dropping 5-15% on pentecost

In non-Demon Slayer news, Adieu Les Cons passed the 1M admission mark on Sunday and it was reported that last Wednesday was 20% higher than the same day in 2019 ! 

Edited by Parasite
  • Like 1