14. First Flight 
15. Silent Sparrow 
16. Family Reunion 
17. Big Hero 6 
18. I Am Satisfied With My Care 
19. Signs of Life 
20. Reboot

Edited by Spaghetti

So how does Disney react to the success of the Frozen soundtrack? By not even trying to top it with BH6. :P

Well yeah, but Fall Out Boy is pretty popular with the comeback and all. BH6 clearly isn't a musical and thus songs won't be a driving force in marketing but having a really popular band performing a song written for the film will probably put soundtrack sales a bit higher than your usual movie soundtrack.

• Like 2

Well yeah, but Fall Out Boy is pretty popular with the comeback and all. BH6 clearly isn't a musical and thus songs won't be a driving force in marketing but having a really popular band performing a song written for the film will probably put soundtrack sales a bit higher than your usual movie soundtrack.

I'm very happy Disney doesn't seem to be making the same mistakes that they made in the 90s. They had 8 musicals over 11 years during the Disney Renaissance, which the audience probably got sick of by the end. They seemed to have learned from it, and are spreading out their musicals between obvious boy focused movies like WIR and BH6. ;)

The jury is still out on Zootopia. I doubt it will be a musical though. It seems more like Castle or Bones crime teamup comedy.

Also, the character animation in this really is fantastic, especially with the sign twisting and the inevitable crazy superhero action.

I thought all the city and crowd scenes were very impressive. I have only seen the three trailers, and have avoided ALL TV spots so I won't be too spoiled.

• Like 1

http://www.thewrap.com/interstellar-big-hero-6-tracking-for-blockbuster-60-million-box-office-openings/

What are expected to be two of fall's biggest box-office hits came on pre-release tracking Thursday morning and the numbers suggest domestic openings in the $55 million to $60 million range for both Paramount's “Interstellar” and Disney Animation's “Big Hero 6.”

The Nov. 7 weekend is shaping up as a box-office blockbuster — and potentially a close race — for the Christopher Nolan space epic and Disney Animation's first Marvel movie.

The openings are three weeks away and the marketing campaigns have yet to hit high gear, so the projections could well rise, but both studios have to be pleased with the early data on what are their most important releases of the season. There's room for both pricey projects to succeed because, at least initially, they target different audiences. The PG-13-rated sci-fi adventure looks very strong with men, while the PG-rated “Big Hero” should play very well with families.

• Like 1

^ The headlines would be great if Big Hero 6 would beat Interstellar on OW. But probably Interstellar makes a bit more.

But how many TV-spots Big Hero 6 is going to have? They all seem great, not spoiling the film and still having different scenes but there are just so many. In my country there are no TV-spots so I am not used to them but I do not remember Frozen having this. Alltough I was avoiding some of the marketing for it so I am not sure.

How much did BH6 cost to make? Is it the standard 150m budget for an animated movie these days? :o

Probably, although I wouldn't be surprised if it were a bit higher given all of the technical development that was done for it, such as the advanced renderer and crowd-generating and -animating software (true of every release, but these projects seem to be on the large side), in addition to the rather detailed world-building that they did.

Tracking for a $55-60 million OW at this point looks good to me--it's already on the low side of my estimate (in another thread), and will likely increase by OW if Disney keeps up or even ramps up the good marketing.

^ The headlines would be great if Big Hero 6 would beat Interstellar on OW. But probably Interstellar makes a bit more.

It's hard to tell, but in general it seems that Disney animated features track lower than they open, while it's the opposite for many other major releases. If this pattern holds in this case, then it is conceivable that Big Hero 6 could open at #1, and at least based on what I've seen of both so far I hope that it does.

But how many TV-spots Big Hero 6 is going to have? They all seem great, not spoiling the film and still having different scenes but there are just so many. In my country there are no TV-spots so I am not used to them but I do not remember Frozen having this.

I don't recall Frozen having had this many TV spots or having been advertised on primetime network TV like Big Hero 6 has been, at least in the domestic market, where I live. Although the latter is apparently being pushed harder, I think that like Frozen it is being undersold, which if true should result in even better WOM and legs than it would otherwise have had.

• Like 1