Olive

Wednesday's top movies: BRAVE - $6.7M Mad3-2.4M Abe-1.5M

Wall-e opened a week later so comparing them literally isn't apt.

True but wall e, rat and ts3 all opened in the middle of summer and are the best comparisons. I throw ts3 out because its a sequel and will behave differently. As far as pixar goes I feel those are the best comparisons.

his success is beyond comprehension. Is it just luck? Can he sustain it? we need a "what went right-tatum" thread

lol, totally. The guy is having a Sandra Bullock-2009 level year.To his credit though he seems to have really stepped up his acting game. He was pretty good in The Vow, apparently very good in Magic Mike, and the hands down stand out in 21 Jump Street. He deserves it this year.AND, I haven't seen Haywire but heard his role in that was good too. And that movie did mildly ok. So there- actually 4 successes in 2012, and GI Joe would have done around 150m even if it was bad. Edited by rockNrollaDIM

lol, totally. The guy is having a Sandra Bullock-2009 level year.To his credit though he seems to have really stepped up his acting game. He was pretty good in The Vow, apparently very good in Magic Mike, and the hands down stand out in 21 Jump Street. He deserves it this year.AND, I haven't seen Haywire but heard his role in that was good too. And that movie did mildly ok. So there- actually 4 successes in 2012, and GI Joe would have done around 150m even if it was bad.

Haywire was a bomb. If it did mildly okay then John Carter is a blockbuster.

Haywire was a bomb. If it did mildly okay then John Carter is a blockbuster.

True, but no one even really knew he was in that. He wasn't even mentioned in the marketing. It was all the MMA chick.

The last two Wednesdays were clearly inflated from being in between Tue and Thu NBA Finals games. I would expect non-holiday Wednesday drop-offs to return to the usual 2012 standards now.In turn, would also expect holds to be better in general today than they were the last two Thursdays. Balance to the force.

Edited by JarJarBinks

WALL-E increased like 23% on its Thursday because of the holiday. Brave won't, but it'll rebound on Friday more. 6.88m Thurs (2%)10.55 m Fri (53%) (Friday increases for kidpics in the summer are never strong) 13.1m Sat (24%) 10.65m Sun (-19%) 34.3m weekend (-48%)