diskojustice

South Korea Box Office

4 minutes ago, pepsa said:

PS after today (midnight) will be 725k probably. If it gets it's IMAX boost tomorrow we can expect an other great day but friday might be a bit of slump.

So if friday 'only' does 60k don't hit the panic button, that would be expected with such a presales rush in it's first 3 days. 

Agree with you 

Edited by fabiopazzo2
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Premium George said:

Lmao, in presells atleast, this will be the biggest movie everywhere, even europe.

Not sure that's true. I don't speak for all of Europe, but in UK at least the presales of this aren't touching TFA. It might out-open it, but the presales currently haven't touched TFA from where I see.

My cinema is one of the biggest in the country and, for TFA, about 1 week out half the showings were sold out entirely and many more were near-sellouts. The biggest thing I remember is that if you wanted a decent seat you had to go into the weekdays (Tuesday/Wednesday) to get it. I can still book decent seats for EG opening day. 

Though, it makes sense because TFA made over $150m, whereas AEG will make around $100m. 

I should also note that, currently, there's roughly the same number of showings for AEG that TFA had.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, feasby007 said:

Not sure that's true. I don't speak for all of Europe, but in UK at least the presales of this aren't touching TFA. It might out-open it, but the presales currently haven't touched TFA from where I see.

My cinema is one of the biggest in the country and, for TFA, about 1 week out half the showings were sold out entirely and many more were near-sellouts. The biggest thing I remember is that if you wanted a decent seat you had to go into the weekdays (Tuesday/Wednesday) to get it. I can still book decent seats for EG opening day. 

Though, it makes sense because TFA made over $150m, whereas AEG will make around $100m. 

I should also note that, currently, there's roughly the same number of showings for AEG that TFA had.

Yeah but everywhere else except for 1 or 2 countries it has obliterated every record there was this in itself speaks volumes about what a phenomenon AEG is. 

• Like 1

Just now, Premium George said:

Few exceptions.😋 

And now someone will tell me that there are more than few.

I'm not 100%, but I think in some European countries like Germany and maybe France they're no where near Star Wars level (which is stupidly high), but the presales are extraordinarily high for the type of movie in those markets. 

Could be wrong, just from what I see Europe is overperforming for a CBM, but is still nowhere near Star Wars kind of levels. (Although that means there's more room to grow ;) )

• Like 2

IMO it's not gonna do just 100 million in the UK. Infinity war did 96.4 million. Currency is down about 5% give or take but it will still do more.

It's sold more tickets faster than any other film on history in the UK.

https://uk.movies.yahoo.com/avengers-endgame-target-break-time-uk-opening-weekend-box-office-record-145051230.html

Edited by cdsacken

10 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

IMO it's not gonna do just 100 million in the UK. Infinity war did 96.4 million. Currency is down about 5% give or take but it will still do more.

It's sold more tickets faster than any other film on history in the UK.

https://uk.movies.yahoo.com/avengers-endgame-target-break-time-uk-opening-weekend-box-office-record-145051230.html

Okay, so a few things on that:

• Of course it was gonna sell tickets fast, this is an incredibly rabid fanbase and the website can handle so much more than 4 years ago
  • I don't doubt that EG will out-open IW and likely TFA, but it won't beat the legs of either; it will be very frontloaded
  • That article is from the first 7 days, the difference between TFA and EG is that EG presales have slowed down majorly here since then, whereas TFA was consistently selling and selling for over a month, and also well into Christmas holidays. Endgame won't have any holidays here

Overall, I see Endgame opening at around $45m and making about $105m total here. I just can't see where the extra audience will come from. 

Again, could be wrong, but I liken UK to USA for this movie, where Endgame will open bigger but ultimately end up with a similar total.

EDIT: Anyway, this is South Korea, let's get it back on topic ;) 

Edited by feasby007

38 minutes ago, feasby007 said:

What the fuck are you  talking about, the movie is on track to break the ow record in the U.K. Oh and why bring up legs when your initial post is about pre-sales ?

Edited by Thrylos 7
  • Like 2
  • Knock It Off 4

It's sold 1.19 million tickets in the UK so far 15.26 million USD in presales with a week of presales left. It's presales will be go way above the entire weekend opening of Captain Marvel.  I can't even fathom the opening, maybe 50 million? It won't be any more front loaded than Infinity War. Sorry you are just wrong on this. Captain Marvel will end up with over 3.0 legs. Way wrong.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.telegraph.co.uk/films/0/uk-box-office-report-april-12-14-hellboy-freezes-dumbo-soars/amp/

Edited by cdsacken
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Charlie Jatinder said:

It out-opened TFA by a margin in UK as per reports few weeks back and is projected to open with record weekend.

Indeed. Biggest issue for UK against Avengers is the pound was $1.62 back when it opened and it's $1.30 right now when End Game is coming.

Yes it was rude I agree however it's silly to even pretend End Game is going to be less successful. It will have more admissions than Infinity War and Avengers. It's going to explode and likely the reception/WOM will be incredible just as Captain Marvel has. It presents a reality that does not exist.

If it opens to say 110 millon that's with a 5% currency drop too. As for USA personally I think 285 minimum but could be higher. We'll see though, no reason to use curse words I agree.

Edited by cdsacken

Just now, cdsacken said:

Yes it was rude I agree however it's silly to even pretend End Game is going to be less successful. It will have more admissions than Infinity War and Avengers. It's going to explode and likely the reception/WOM will be incredible just as Captain Marvel has. It presents a reality that does not exist.

Don't justify thrylos comment. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Premium George said:

Don't justify thrylos comment. 

Fair let's get back to South Korea. That will not just stay flat. Absolute madness. 2nd biggest jump in presales besides China

Edited by cdsacken