diskojustice

South Korea Box Office

Do you think $50m total will happen?

I think so, presales are still extremely high and I'm not to impressed with presales for Fury and MJ1 so far (main competitors in the upcoming week). Tried to book 2 IMAX seats for my parents but all the IMAX shows are sold out until the 23rd :P 

• Like 2

I wish that was the only thing but seems like some people are buying IMAX tickets in bulk as soon as they become available and re-selling them for 2-3 times their original value gq88H3U.jpg

That's good too though. Demand is high enough to justify it. Sucks for consumers, but I'm glad the film is getting that kind of reception in your country.

• Like 1

That's good too though. Demand is high enough to justify it. Sucks for consumers, but I'm glad the film is getting that kind of reception in your country.

Yeah I agree to an extent, just wish that extra money was going to interstellar and not filling their greedy little pockets  :lol:

• Like 3

That's impressive. Love this market, MI4 did really well here as well. So what are we expecting for IS on its third weekend. Will it get a big hit and drop hard or can it produce another great hold? Will defo finish ahead of Fury I reckon. How many IMAX screens does Korea have?

I think a good hold is most likely judging from the presales. Monday numbers should give us a clearer picture of what to expect for week 3. As for IMAX screens there are only 16 right now in Korea. 

That's not too bad on IMAX screens, not far off from the UK. How many of them 70mm? Would love a 10M third weekend.

How many are there in the UK? In Korea, if it hadn't been for one company having exclusive rights to IMAX screens, there would have been more IMAX theatres available. 

none of them are 70mm unfortunately

If Monday's number comes in at around $1 million then I think $10 million for the week should be fairly routine.

There's a good chance Fury and MJ1 will underwhelm this week. Currently, not just their presales figure but also their rate of increase falls behind interstellar by some distance.

Current presales:

Interstellar: 166,001 (86.6%)

Fury: 1,464 (0.8%)

MJ1: 3,428 (1.8%)

• Like 2