diskojustice

South Korea Box Office

8 minutes ago, feasby007 said:

Pretty sure the final number I have for IW is midnight (and most movies I tracked properly, some that I didn't track like BP are 1am), though could be wrong. @pepsa @Fish&chips can either of you remember?

And yeah, have mentioned multiple times that Friday midnight was higher at around 1.35m, and I don't think Endgame increases Friday night, but stranger things have happened sooooo...

Btw I agree with you previous post, but I am thinking maybe some of the insane hype will let people who would normaly not go, take a look at this movie just because everyone and everything will be about this movie. 

As for the OD I don't now for sure, I thought it was at 3am but if you think we did it at 00.00am I would follow you on this.

In China the last day is at 3am 100% but in SK I don't know, it will only differ 20k-40k so in the end not the biggest of deals. 

Also I would give like to many here but I have ran out once again :hahaha:

Edited by pepsa

27 minutes ago, feasby007 said:

Pretty sure the final number I have for IW is midnight (and most movies I tracked properly, some that I didn't track like BP are 1am), though could be wrong. @pepsa @Fish&chips can either of you remember?

And yeah, have mentioned multiple times that Friday midnight was higher at around 1.35m, and I don't think Endgame increases Friday night, but stranger things have happened sooooo...

You were right. I went back, your last post was for the midnight update. 

3 minutes ago, druv10 said:

CM looks to leg it's way over 5.8M. At one point, we thought 5.2-5.3M admissions. It's back in top 5 in daily grosses. Tremendous late legs!!!

That's Indeed amazing, i have noticed that the last few days

14 minutes ago, druv10 said:

CM looks to leg it's way over 5.8M. At one point, we thought 5.2-5.3M admissions. It's back in top 5 in daily grosses. Tremendous late legs!!!

Around what’ll that be in USD?   

Nice to see some Endgame effect (I assume) in markets besides DOM.

I know it might be way too off, but assuming daily trend of pre-sales in South Korea is same as China. The daily numbers may be around. I added China midnight to OD. 

Without adding Midnight to OD

Other option is mid value of two

Edited by Charlie Jatinder

1 hour ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

I know it might be way too off, but assuming daily trend of pre-sales in South Korea is same as China. The daily numbers may be around. I added China midnight to OD. 

Without adding Midnight to OD

Other option is mid value of two

Because Sunday is a real sunday I think it will skew a lot harder to the weekend.

Avengers: Endgame OD predictions

The simplest comparisons would be to compare it to Infinity War and Along with the gods 2 (AWTG2). 

Here's the stats for IW abd AWTG2 on OD.

Infinity War

Showtime: 11,429

Seat Percentage: 78.9%

Seats sold: 1,966,995

Total Seats / Seat Sold ratio (Seat Saturation): 49.8%

Admissions: 980,042

Along with the gods 2

Showtime: 9,825

Seat Percentage: 71.6%

Seats sold: 1,742,278

Total Seats / Seat Sold ratio (Seat Saturation): 60.4%

Admissions: 1,246,603

Despite IW having a higher percentage of total seats ( 78.9% to 71.6%) and more showtimes (11,429 to 9,825) AWTG2 had a higher seat saturation (60.4% to 49.8%) leading to a larger OD admissions figure. 

I don't think there's a reported number of showtimes for Endgame at the moment so lets go screens which has been reported. Screen count was reported to be 2855, a solid 300 or 14% increase from Infinity War. That of course, doesn't precisely correlate to the same increase of showtimes or seats but it's better than nothing for comparison and I believe worth looking at. A 14% increase of showtimes and seats with the same seat saturation would give Endgame an OD admission figure of 1,117,249. 

Seat saturation for IW on OD was pretty low though (below 50%) so I do think there is room to improve. Factors riding against EG would be it being a workday for workers and many students going through exams. That's probably a huge chunk of the demo right there so an argument could be made that an increase would be muted. 

Personally though, I do lean towards thinking the insane presales coupled with the pre-release buzz and the fear of being spoilered could potentially drive EG to an OD record..hopefully something jawdroppingly-spectacular.

Thoughts?

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Fish&chips said:

The simplest comparisons would be to compare it to Infinity War and Along with the gods 2 (AWTG2). 

Infinity War

Along with the gods 2

Despite IW having a higher percentage of total seats ( 78.9% to 71.6%) and more showtimes (11,429 to 9,825) AWTG2 had a higher seat saturation (60.4% to 49.8%) leading to a larger OD admissions figure. 

I don't think there's a reported number of showtimes for Endgame at the moment so lets go screens which has been reported. Screen count was reported to be 2855, a solid 300 or 14% increase from Infinity War. That of course, doesn't precisely correlate to the same increase of showtimes or seats but it's better than nothing for comparison and I believe worth looking at. A 14% increase of showtimes and seats with the same seat saturation would give Endgame an OD admission figure of 1,117,249. 

Seat saturation for IW on OD was pretty low though (below 50%) so I do think there is room to improve. Factors riding against EG would be it being a workday for workers and many students going through exams. That's probably a huge chunk of the demo right there so an argument could be made that an increase would be muted. 

Personally though, I do lean towards thinking the insane presales coupled with the pre-release buzz and the fear of being spoilered could potentially drive EG to an OD record..hopefully something jawdroppingly-spectacular.

Thoughts?

I totaly agree with you over 1.3m shoul be doable. 

I will make my weekend prediction once we get MN ps numbers. 

41 minutes ago, Fish&chips said:

Infinity War

Along with the gods 2

Thoughts?

I assume by "seats sold" you actually mean "seats available" right? 

Also I think the saturation might go up a little bit (say 53%) and increase seats by maybe 7% instead of 14% as many screens left over will be the smaller screens. This gives 2,104,685 seats available and OD prediction of 1,115,483 admissions. 

Two different methods, providing a spookily close figure. I reckon we're probably looking at 1.1-1.15m opening day then unless it over performs. I mean looking at CGV now, many of the morning and daytime showings are still half full.

We'll see what happens 20 minutes after midnight, we'll get presale figure for CGV for OD then, so can see what's been presold for OD.

Also for anyone curious it did 26.4k in the last hour, it's at 2151k as off 7pm.

5h of atleast 27k => 135k and 2286k total. 

If we get a little more pop in the last 5 hours and we average 30k we get 2.3m but It still a far shot.