diskojustice

South Korea Box Office

Nothing is permanent - Instead of fixed monopoly - I think market should be driven by WOM products like SLAM DUNK or Elemental. It's a better way to move because that's how random non-hype titles can break out in many Markets

These year two Titles - Korean "Exhuma" &Thai "Lahn Mah" just did amazing numbers in SEA because WOM really clicked and audiences accepted the diversity without questioning the language barrier.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, thajdikt said:

2,5M total admits possible?

I don’t think it will happen. Friday was right around BP2 Friday, and that made only 2.1m admits. If it will pass the mark it will do so thanks to summer break

• Sad 1

More than China, Korea's rejection of Deadpool has been a surprise. Its not as if Hollywood is not seeing big hits here post COVID. DS2 was the last big presales monster and still did fairly well though legs were bad. I think next Avengers movie will be the breakout for MCU. But it wont come close to Endgame. 

Despicable Me 4’s rejection is even more telling and revealing than Deadpool, I think. 

Clearly in the shadow of Inside Out 2 which couldn’t carry the next animation to success.

Marvel, Illumination brands are damaged in S. Korea (Minions 2 was mid and rejected too). 

• Like 1