diskojustice

South Korea Box Office

IM3 did 130k pr day the last 2 days..

TA2 will be well over 500k monday at midnight..

So if it slows down and only follows IM3 it will land somewhere around 800k

Very optimisticly it will do 175-225k pr day and land in the 900.000-1.000.000 mill area..

I'm leaning on the latter

• Like 1

Very optimisticly it will do 175-225k pr day and land in the 900.000-1.000.000 mill area..

Could it make sense to translate this to an OW? AOU 3X+ as much OW?

Yeah, it has definitely picked up some steam. 800K is happening, I wouldn't be shocked at 1M presales admissions.

• Like 1

peak presales won't be reached on OD, it should happen on midnight friday this week.

If that's the case then 1M+ is likely. It's speeding up again, 500K is all but assured now for the end of the day. 800-900K by midnight OD so 1M is definitely possible, if it really does peak by Friday.

• Like 1

Rating was 8.79/10.0 on Naver which is pretty decent for any film. 

Legs were like this:

week1: 1,639,329 (4 day OW including previews)

week2: 2,369,840 (+44.5%)

week3: 1,448,425 (-38.9%)

week4:    896,013 (-38.1%)

week5:    399,885 (-55.4%)

It spirals down from there. Two big weeks followed by average drops basically. Iron man 3 was similar just on a larger scale. 

Bump for Sam. 

• Like 1

With a little under 8 hours to go on the day TA2 will hit 500k..

540-550k should happen by midnight for a 100-110k sale on monday..

Tuesday should increase more and maybe close around 700k

Edited by fmpro
  • Like 2

Okay so I found the place where they give info on how many screens a film gets. It basically adds the total number of all the screens for which tickets can be pre-bought online. The total number of screens for AoU is currently 1465 but I'm a little unclear if this is just for opening day or for the total number of screens that have currently been made available including those a little further down the line. If it is just for the opening day though it's a pretty huge number, some 65% of the total number of screens in Korea (based on 2014 numbers) and a lot higher than the 1,159 screens RC opened with. It's lower than the OD of TF4 however which managed to open to 1,512 screens (although the seat saturation for it was a mere 36.9%). 

• Like 3

Screen count up to 1675 now. Presales have been picking up too as a result. It's now at 536K, up 100K tickets from yesterday.

This is clearly unprecedented presale wise. With 49 hrs to go, it has nearly 5 times the presales as IM3. Only 92K away from passing RC's record presales which will happen sometime in the next 24 hrs. I'm starting to think 1M+ presales are possible now. As long as, walkups are there, we're looking at 4M+ admissions for OW. Maybe even the OW record is possible. I can't wait for OD numbers. 

Edited by druv10
  • Like 1