diskojustice

South Korea Box Office

8 minutes ago, danhtruong5 said:

How much presale for a movie to ensure that it will be successful and make lots of money?

I mean, a lot varies depending on expectations, PS:OW ratio, and OW:total legs. The case of F2 is a complicated one since the only HW sequels to movies as big as the first have been Avengers entries, and those are front loaded fan affairs with huge PSs, whereas Frozen 1 was more of a great leggy run based on reception.    

I'm hoping F2 can pull at least 10M, but that will for sure require good reception. The road there would involve better PS:OW ratio and legs than Avengers style megahits, so it can get by with lower PS. 

F2 will make lots of money in Korea. That is given. Already looking at PS its behaving like a hyped sequel. I doubt it will behave anything like the 1st movie(which was flat 1st 4 weeks or so). That said it should hit the frontloadedness of Marvel mega blockbuster either.

I think hitting 1st movie gross requires into the unknown becoming another Let it go. Only time will tell if that will happen.

Edited by keysersoze123
  • Disbelief 1

12 minutes ago, PKMLover said:

EI1rng5U0AA2PDz?format=jpg&name=medium

2019.11.08 PM 5:50

KST Melon 실검 Frozen

Into The Unknown (Korean version) by Taeyeon top 1 Melon chart.

It's not melon chart, it's melon trending keyword. In melon currently, that song ranking is 42.

Here is melon chart :

https://www.melon.com/chart/index.htm

Edited by RJ 95
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Disbelief 1

23 minutes ago, Jedi Jat said:

What are we looking at @Thanos Legion?

I’m hesitant to say much since, in addition to being a week and a half out, presale started quite early compared to usual high PS movies (I.e. MCU) and there are no real comparisons in terms of being a HW family movie sequel with a predecessor nearly the size of Frozen. At least F2 may be a good comp for Aladdin sequel 😛    

But the short story is that presale are very, very, VERY strong right now. Will be 120k minimum for D-09, above e.g. CM D-06 and FFH D-03. Low 60s% of IW PS at same point, and of course IW PS were crazy.     

From here final PS should beat every Hollywood movie but Avengers, 600k+ being pretty conservative. IMO that should lead to 3.5M+ weekend and 10M+ finish, as long as reception is good. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

I’m hesitant to say much since, in addition to being a week and a half out, presale started quite early compared to usual high PS movies (I.e. MCU) and there are no real comparisons in terms of being a HW family movie sequel with a predecessor nearly the size of Frozen. At least F2 may be a good comp for Aladdin sequel 😛    

But the short story is that presale are very, very, VERY strong right now. Will be 120k minimum for D-09, above e.g. CM D-06 and FFH D-03. Low 60s% of IW PS at same point, and of course IW PS were crazy.     

From here final PS should beat every Hollywood movie but Avengers, 600k+ being pretty conservative. IMO that should lead to 3.5M+ weekend and 10M+ finish, as long as reception is good. 

I did not look much at the PS in South Korea but now it is around 120k, and you said it would be 600k+ near the release date.... that is quite a huge jump.... So PS will jump up very much near the release date? 

16 minutes ago, PKMLover said:

I did not look much at the PS in South Korea but now it is around 120k, and you said it would be 600k+ near the release date.... that is quite a huge jump.... So PS will jump up very much near the release date? 

That’s actually pretty conservative, as I said. Final day sees big sales, I think D-01 at 420 would make D-0 600+ very likely. 120->420 is just x3.5. x3.5 in 8 days needs just +20% per day.   

It’s hard to say just how this will behave for the next  days, it even the notoriously frontloaded PS run for CM saw x5 from D-09 to D-01.

Edited by Thanos Legion