diskojustice

South Korea Box Office

3 hours ago, VenomXXR said:

I know total is hard to figure out with reception and repeatability being what determines that, but what is the opening weekend estimate we're looking at?

It’s a hassle that this is a 4-day while basically every big HW preseller I know of was a 5-day. My rough personal hope for now is a 4M+ open.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, StarWarsMemer said:

Chances of 150B+

4 hours ago, Thanos Legion said:

I guess this must be in KRW???     

No chances, even Endgame wasn’t that close.

Yea 150b won would be nearly 50% more than Aladdin and we all remember how gangbusters that was for a family film in SK. 

On 10/14/2019 at 2:53 PM, ZeeSoh said:

Korean Law to Limit Film Releasing Monopolies

This is going to impact big hollywood movies. Opening day and opening weekend grosses in particular will see a drop. Movies may likely develop longer legs but overall this will lead to lower grosses for big movies as people may not prefer to wait too long to see a movie, opting instead to pirate. Multiple viewings may also get affected. 

Theatre owners will not be happy with this. 

Hey, whatever happened with this? Article is from just 2 months ago and uses future tense, so I’m guessing it hasn’t happened yet? Because Frozen is going to go for a 90%+ ticket saturation and want way more than 50% of screens. 

7 minutes ago, druv10 said:

Great start to the day for Frozen 2. Already over 656K, it's going to go well over 800K. 1M presales are a done deal at this point, real question how close to AIW it can get. Still think that’s the question at this point:  

Eh, boring question ;) Here’s mine: 

Can F2 PS surpass IW?   

I actually observed to @Jedi Jat a couple hours ago that I thought it might happen but was going to wait to mention it publicly so I didn’t get people overexcited. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thanos Legion said:

Hey, whatever happened with this? Article is from just 2 months ago and uses future tense, so I’m guessing it hasn’t happened yet? Because Frozen is going to go for a 90%+ ticket saturation and want way more than 50% of screens. 

Please tell me this not happen yet

22 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Eh, boring question ;) Here’s mine: 

Can F2 PS surpass IW?   

I actually observed to @Jedi Jat a couple hours ago that I thought it might happen but was going to wait to mention it publicly so I didn’t get people overexcited. 

Yeah, it hasn't slowed down yet. AIW's definetly in play which is mind boggling crazy to me. Marvel is humongous in SK and Frozen 2 to beat one of the biggest tentpole ever is shocking even though Frozen was a phenomenon there.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, druv10 said:

Yeah, it hasn't slowed down yet. AIW's definetly in play which is mind boggling crazy to me. Marvel is humongous in SK and Frozen 2 to beat one of the biggest tentpole ever is shocking even though Frozen was a phenomenon there.

Yeah, the PS are really blowing me away in this market. I guess Frozen and AoU came out pretty close to each other and basically same size, so in some sense you could have expected similar PS for their sequels? But I totally did not, before they began I was thinking that just 600k would be a great result for family animation.   

it really makes you wonder how presale loaded this one will be, but, like... probably not more presale heavy than IW, right? So I can’t help but wonder about 12+ results.    

FWIW today looks like 835 atm. If that holds I think final pretty comfortably 1.1M+

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Thanos Legion said:

probably next year.

• Like 1