diskojustice

South Korea Box Office

4 hours ago, IronJimbo & Sheldon's Son said:

Wow this will be a photo finish with last monday, only 1.2k behind (was 3k behind 2 hours ago), gaining momentum but running out of showings since it's nearly the end of the day 😬

CGV ratio is 43.5-44% I think

It passed last Monday's 9pm by 269 -(74,361  vs  74,092)  let's see if it will hold

Edit:  11pm passes Mondays end Total - another week to week increase

77,828  v  77,403 

:hiphiphoray:

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 4
  • Astonished 1

20k start today (overall) versus 26k last tuesday (-23%). Tuesday was the weakest day for walkups last week so I don't expect it to drop that bad but this will be a lot harder to overcome than today.

On the bright side the streak did continue in gross, Elemental made 752.6m won last Monday and 771.7m today so even if it ends tomorrow it managed to get to a nice round 20!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, cannastop said:

I'm not worried.

Even if it falls, it's because Mission Impossible came around. Next week will be better.

There's still a chance that it increases tomorrow, seemingly walkups are stronger than last week based on Monday's trajectory. Tuesdays presale start was 19,867, which is 8.3% higher than Monday's 18,338. 108.3% of Monday is 84,812 admissions, just 0.5% higher than last Tuesday but an increase nonetheless! This is optimistic though since @pepsasays Tuesdays are typically weakest for walkups in SK (and they were for Elemental last week), but there's your path to 21 days.

Edited by IronJimbo & Sheldon's Son
  • Like 1

Elemental success in SK highlight just how emotionally relatable this movie to Korean. I would have to highlight a particular moment as example. 

The big bow in the Elemental is actually very similar to Korean's culture to the point of how they were used in the movie. That probably make the ending of the movie even more impactful and relatable.  

0*ANwkzhrDt8y3mLUw.jpg

• Like 5

Just to temper some expectations a little, but Ransomed is looking like it's gonna have a huge opening when it opens in 3 weeks. T-22 and it's already at 14k presales. Smugglers is another local one that's ticking along nicely with 6.3k presales at T-15, throw in Barbie at T-8 and of course MI7 at T-1 and Elemental is suddenly gonna get a lot of competition in the next four consecutive weeks.

At least unlike Inside Out it won't have two of these movies dropping on the same day (IO had to face MI5 and Minions on the same weekend) so it should drop better but unless Barbie is a flop locally I think we're not gonna see any more week over week increases (in total at least).

• Like 2