Taylor

Weekend Estimates: #1-TED 54.1m; #2-MM 39.16m; #3-BRAVE 34m; #4-MADEA 26.35m; #5- MAD3 11.82m

So much for that whole "What's Going Wrong" business....Also, it's really frustrating when a movie does a bonkers number and I come in to see nothing but people discussing pre-sales. An R-rated comedy about a fucking teddy bear is doing 50M+ in a single weekend, and you people are calmly discussing boring details!

oh and the fact that channing tatum is going to have 3 successful movies this year..

Posted Image

what do people see in him?

A better looking/ideal version of their significant other?

• Founder / Operator

What an incredible weekend. The 2012 bump finally returns. Who would have thought two months ago that TED would sell more tickets on opening weekend than Prometheus, Rock of Ages, Battleship, Dark Shadows, and possibly even Men In Black 3?

Edited by ShawnMR
correction

1. Two original R-rated new releases combining for $90m;2. Four original films at the top of the box office, with $150m combined;3. We're looking at a $200m+ weekend while without having a single film over $60m, the first time ever.In a shorter sentence, what a weekend.Essentially we have a perfect combination: two R-rated movies that have as little overlap as possible in term of targeted audience (yes, there are still some overlap, but you can't get much better than this; combined, it pretty much covered all people over 17); a Pixar animated film, and then a TP film, all of which could happily live in the market place together.

• Like 6

channing tatum has shown me this year he is a great actor.

Whoa, let's not get ahead of ourselves. I applaud his commitment to improving, but great? Not gonna go that far yet.That said, rooting for him, which is odd because I hated him no more than 6 months ago

I liked 21JS but he was only slightly better than his usual wooden self. I think my biggest problem with his acting is the way he speaks. The guy really needs some lessons on how to enunciate.

I also need Soderbergh to stop putting him in all his movies