Neo

Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets | July 21, 2017 | FLOP OF THE YEAR

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

@That One Guy obviously wants to be Dane DeHaan when he grows up.

Hard to believe he's 31 in real life.

Dude's career has gone nowhere but up since being in The Amazing Train-Wreck 2.  I admire him for (presumably) firing his shitty agent and getting roles in works by visionary auteurs Luc Besson and Gore Verbinski.

Edited by That One Guy

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

Dude's career has gone nowhere but up since being in The Amazing Train-Wreck 2.  I admire him for (presumably) firing his shitty agent and getting roles in works by visionary auteurs Luc Besson and Gore Verbinski.

*looks at the box office gross and critical reception for A Cure for Wellness*

You and I have a very different definition of "going nowhere but up."

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, filmlover said:

interesting that there is this sort of normal curve between 40 and 67 with the median at 50 - not counting the Hollywood Reporter which stands out like a sore thumb at 20.  Kind of one of those hipster 'I'll show how cleverly I can tear it apart' reviews I tend to discount, as well.

My take away from reading that is that the first 20-30 minutes are epic and the rest of the movie is up for discussion.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

It's at a 79% on RT right now, so no, you're way off.

I say this with all humility, man. Just get clear of the thread. Don't follow RT. Don't watch more clips. Pass the time in other, fun ways. You're already excited about it. No need to constantly push for it or stan for it here. You're not gonna convince people and you'll just cause yourself frustration or strife.

• Like 4

Kind of goes without saying but it's very silly to try invalidate a critic by pulling up their old reviews to find things you disagree with. The whole nature of film criticism is that it is subjective, so you're bound to disagree with people every now and then. Doesn't mean their opinion has no merit.

• Like 11