Neo

Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets | July 21, 2017 | FLOP OF THE YEAR

Thursday night showings are up at my theater. 2D is going into an average auditorium (like the weekend) while 3D is in the 4th smallest. The auditorium 3D is in is the smallest screen size at the theater, so I won't see it on Thursday night lol

They probably figure Dunkirk is gonna crowd out all the buzz if they wait till next week and gonna have to try and get ahead now that Dunkirk looks to get strong reviews.

Sounds like reviewers weren't prepared however.

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, MrPink said:

They probably figure Dunkirk is gonna crowd out all the buzz if they wait till next week and gonna have to try and get ahead now that Dunkirk looks to get strong reviews.

Sounds like reviewers weren't prepared however.

If it ends up being a slow trickle of reviews, I'll be fine with that too.  Slowly building buzz one by one.

• Community Manager
13 minutes ago, antovolk said:

seems the review embargo is now up TODAY 5pm PT if this thread is to go by

https://twitter.com/jhoffman/status/884492324834877441

Wow. EuropaCorp is getting desperate. Social media reactions not creating the buzz they want. Dunkirk buzz is taking off. Now they hope good reviews will save their stupid no good dumb decision to release the movie against Dunkirk. Fools.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

Wow. EuropaCorp is getting desperate. Social media reactions not creating the buzz they want. Dunkirk buzz is taking off. Now they hope good reviews will save their stupid no good dumb decision to release the movie against Dunkirk. Fools.

...sarcasm? :lol: 

3 minutes ago, KeepItU25071906 said:

But it's a very stupid move: stand against Nolan

How?  The Twitter reactions will have died down a bit by tonight, and it's a perfect time for Valerian to drop reviews before Nolan does on Friday.  It helps create buzz, and they'll push their high RT score in marketing if it works.

• Community Manager
Just now, That One Guy said:

...sarcasm? :lol: 

I wish. I think it'll get a good RT score, but I think it's going to bomb anyways. It's hard to create buzz for your good science fiction movie when Nolan's latest masterpiece movie, one where the social media buzz are building it up as an event one you have to see in theaters to experience, is eating up all the attention.

6 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

u got hackd bro

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Elessar said:

I'd much rather see this in IMAX than Dunkirk, coz i know i'm getting good 3D in IMAX. Thanks, Nolan!

there's only one thing wrong with this.

IT'S NOT GETTING IMAX ANYWHERE BECAUSE OF NOLAN

• Like 2