Impact

Where did this obssession with Chaninng Tatum come from anyway?

Step Up started it.He isn`t an overnight sensation or anything. He paid his dues. Has been around as a reliable lead for several years. Been having a really great year this year thanks to smart, eclectic choices. Very likable in person, no scandal and behavioral problems. Southern charm. What`s not to like?

Edited by fishnets

I used to hate his guts but he's stepped up his game. I'm a believer. He gave strong performances in 21js and Magic Mike. Channing is very humble in interviews. He's not shy about talking about his limitations as an actor. Plus he's known as one of the nicest guys in the business.

He's a perfect romantic lead/girl fodder because he's handsome and charming, but what set him over the top for guys like me is that he was very likable, funny, and down to earth in 21JST, and seems the same way in real life. He's unique and likable, two things that generic stars like Reynolds (no offense Baumer) and Lautner don't have going for them.

Earlier in his career he was pretty bad, but he latched on to Soderberg for a few projects and has improved ever since. I think if he sticks to some smaller projects and mixes them with an occasional crowd please he'll do just fine.

The irony about Tatum is that he did smaller films (budget wise) and helped make them hits. Now those smaller films will no longer be able to afford him because his asking price will be too big.

Don't really know what's the argument here he started off as a bad actor - then he improved and will continue to do so it seems he started off in mostly bad movies - now he's mostly in good ones Give credit where credit is due ;)

Yeah, I wish more actors would follow his path, and this is coming from someone who used to rip and ridicule the guy onscreen.He's not the most talented actor, but he makes some pretty smart decisions, and has picked roles that have really improved his reputation. Fishnet's comparison to Wahlberg is spot-on, they're both pretty similar in what they bring to the table.Wahlberg's Boogie Nights can be compared to Tatum's Magic Mike as the film that really turned the corner for both of them (although 21JS was huge for Tatum as well), we'll see if Tatum can keep his momentum going.