Shawn Robbins

The Official TASM Weekly Thread (6 Day EST-140m) (Warning: Whiten Out Spoilers/Spoiler Tags)

I want a sequel. Because after freaking FOUR films, CARNAGE hasn't even been referenced. Damn it.

I really want Carnage also. From what I've read, he's super powerful, way stronger then Venom. I also read that Spidey had to team up with Venom to take down Carnage. With that said, I'd love to see Venom and Carnage in the next 2 films, throw in a 3rd Villain for the 2nd film (Rhino), and we're talking big bucks.

I can't think of any midweek opener in recent years that only jumped 9 percent on Friday. Even Potter 6 and Transforners 2 jumped in the 21-26% range

This Thursday is special: it's between July 4th and Friday. Therefore it's inflated a bit

Seems like its trajectory is slightly above where Thursday ended. Which basically makes sense; it's following TF1.

Even I will admit it would have been really weird for this film (or any other film) not to increase on Friday. :lol:

• Founder / Operator

This final total would have been realistic, if TASM had no TDKR in its 3rd weekend. As such I wouldn't be surprised if its 6-day will account for 55% of its final total.

You'll actually notice that I revised the low-end figure to $250m a few posts later after that was made. Just didn't edit the original. ;)

Is it really going to take the death of another Spider-Man franchise to convince people that Venom is a boring and shallow stereotype of a character?

Almost any villian can be made great if fleshed out enough. A talented filmmaker can take Venom, Carnage, Kraven, Mysterio, any of them and make them great characters, even if they're subpar in the comics. Carnage, for example, could be made into a pretty dynamic adversary with his unique status as a serial killer (something never approached in a comic-book film). They could play with his psychology quite a bit and make him more than just a wacko with bloodlust. Edited by tonytr87
  • Like 1