Shawn Robbins

The Official TASM Weekly Thread (6 Day EST-140m) (Warning: Whiten Out Spoilers/Spoiler Tags)

I am feeling really old that everyone is loving this movie and I am not. I think I have finally reached that age where a few decent things do not a good movie make. I need it all and this movie doesn't have much of it.

I've definitely gotten pickier as I've gotten older. And the things I care about -- character, structure, and plot -- are unfortunately ignored, for the most part in the genres I like.

I am feeling really old that everyone is loving this movie and I am not. I think I have finally reached that age where a few decent things do not a good movie make. I need it all and this movie doesn't have much of it.

I feel the same way. The more movies you see, the more they have to try to impress you. We all saw SM1 and it was good for the time. But, they need to make it way better to impress us, and TASM clearly didn't do that. That's why YA movies do so well, because the audience hasn't seen a lot of movies, so they are easily impressed.

IM2 was the definition of lazy and boring. Not sure how anyone could rate it an "A." Fuck, I haven't even rated the very best superhero movies an "A."

I don't remember what was the score for TDK, but I'm guessing it was A or A+, plus The Avengers is A+. This isn't about rating a film just like Rotten Tomatoes is, it's more about gauging the WOM over a film. You can't seriously compare something The Amazing Spider-Man with something like Underworld, IM2 and Inception apply because of the blockbuster levels, but I'm sincerily hoping for some MIGHTY legs for this. Both films can coexist, I will never understand the need of some of destroying a film to see the other thrive, especially at cost of living saying negative things about something until you look like a fucking crazy person.I love films, I talk about what I LOVE and what I look forward to it. Of course that I dislike some stuff, I hate Transformers, but you'd never see me going incessantly like this. Seriously, this is not fucking normal.

IM2 was the definition of lazy and boring. Not sure how anyone could rate it an "A." Fuck, I haven't even rated the very best superhero movies an "A."

I enjoyed every minute of it. I'm one of the very few people that liked it better than IM. I thought it was anything but boring. I enjoyed the dialogue and the action sequences.I don't represent the general audience at all. I am very picky with movies. Iron Man 2 just worked for me. Edited by Walt Disney

I've said all along that the average score is a pretty good indicator that the movie is solid. Not sure why you're pretending that it's a trainwreck.

6.8 is not "solid"

Whoops, I mean 6.7

Edited by JackO

I've definitely gotten pickier as I've gotten older. And the things I care about -- character, structure, and plot -- are unfortunately ignored, for the most part in the genres I like.

If I get so into it the first time through that I don't notice these things, then that is really good. You watch things enough and you will always find something that doesn't work. But to lose me on the initial viewing because of something that brings me out of the experience is just the worst.

I 100 percent agree with you. That is what I care about in film.

I feel the same way. The more movies you see, the more they have to try to impress you. We all saw SM1 and it was good for the time. But, they need to make it way better to impress us, and TASM clearly didn't do that. That's why YA movies do so well, because the audience hasn't seen a lot of movies, so they are easily impressed.

Nah, mosf of us are just easily impressed by explosions and fighting.

:P A movie with a plot and all the other good stuff is just a bonus. We just like to see things go BOOM. :lol:

I'm really lucky because as I've gotten older, I've found myself to be very undemanding from movies.

I've really enjoyed films like Moon and Monsters (the one from the Godzilla director), but I can also turn around and enjoy the heck out of something like Sucker Punch.