Shawn Robbins

The Official TASM Weekly Thread (6 Day EST-140m) (Warning: Whiten Out Spoilers/Spoiler Tags)

Im not saying they hated it. I just never thought it would be rated that low. Totally mind-bottling. Probably explains why SM2 decreased so much from the first one, though.

SM1 was LOVED back then and is for most part still to this day

Im not saying they hated it. I just never thought it would be rated that low. Totally mind-bottling. Probably explains why it decreased so much from the first one, though.

It's rated low on one site. It had a 3.5 multiplier, which is way more than this movie is gonna get. Edited by Caboose

SM1 was LOVED back then and is for most part still to this day

Ratings say LOVED might be too strong a sentiment :/ Doesn't make sense to me, either. Edited by Orestes

I understand that, the thing is that it all depends of the first week, I firmly believe that the WOM for this will be insane. Avengers heaven sent WOM? No, but amazing enough to crawl its way to $400m. At this point... who knows?

So if Avengers gets a 3 multiplier, do you expect this to follow suit from it's first 3 days? Cuz I don't. And I don't know what you'er gloating about today. At least I was man enough to admit I was wrong. But guess what, so were you. So stop being such a poor sport and fess up. It is not doing nor will do as good as you thought it would.That crow pie you are throwing around is for you. 95% of the people here had ASM pegged right. You went way too high and I went way to low. But the way you're carrying on today, you;d think it opened to 50 mill. Guess what, it didn't.
  • Like 6

It's rated low on one site. It had a 3.5 multiplier, which is way more than this movie is gonna get.

Yeah, but the 2nd one still had quite the drop. That doesn't make sense if the first one was as huge with the GA as it was with us. Especially with SM2 being even better than the first.

Yeah, but the 2nd one still had quite the drop. That doesn't make sense if the first one was as huge with the GA as it was with us. Especially with SM2 being even better than the first.

Most second films, following an already huge first film, fall, regardless of the quality. See Empire Strikes Back, Superman, Batman, Rocky, Potter and so on. One huge exception is LOTR and Transformers.

Most second films, following an already huge first film, fall, regardless of the quality. See Empire Strikes Back, Superman, Batman, Rocky, Potter and so on. One huge exception is LOTR and Transformers.

But dont they also get bigger OWs?

The second Potter decreased from the first. So did the second Superman, the second Batman,...Sometimes people just want to see one movie with an iconic character in it and that's enough for them.Edit: ninja'd by baumer. Edited by Caboose
  • Like 1

So if Avengers gets a 3 multiplier, do you expect this to follow suit from it's first 3 days? Cuz I don't. And I don't know what you'er gloating about today. At least I was man enough to admit I was wrong. But guess what, so were you. So stop being such a poor sport and fess up. It is not doing nor will do as good as you thought it would.That crow pie you are throwing around is for you. 95% of the people here had ASM pegged right. You went way too high and I went way to low. But the way you're carrying on today, you;d think it opened to 50 mill. Guess what, it didn't.

QFT!He think he is free from crow because he was wrong while supporting the movie. That is almost like that part in the movie where

I scratch my balls all night long

• Like 3

Do you remember the multiplier the first one had? Of course the audience liked it. SM2 was front-loaded. It happened and it still happens with sequels. Edited by RichWS
  • Like 1

Where do you stand in this cjohn?I recall not much love from your part for TASM

I have yet to see the movie. I had low predictions for it. Doesn't mean I am not happy to see it having a 35M OD.

Funny thing is I predicted 20.5 OD, he predicted 50. It landed at 35. Guess who was closer? That's right. ME!

• Like 3

The difference is when it comes to positivity, mate. I WANTED this to do well, you didn't/don't. That crow pie and the crow fest isn't for me, this is far from over and I find it funny you trying to play the high horse with someone that clearly lacks your expertise when it comes to box office analysis, this is a fanboy playing with his gut, and I'm still hoping for my $400m, and even if doesn't, I'll already be happy if it breaks $300m. This isn't a game for me, it is for you, it's your baumer's game, I'm not a part of it. I'm here to smile about the film I'm anticipating which features my favorite character. The Hunger Games OW was $152m, and that managed a 2.65 multiplier and made it to $400m. This is the second day of the first six-days, this is far from over. And I think you know that, and that's why you're pissed. Your club is dead, mate. My dream isn't. ;)

Do you remember the multiplier the first one had? Of course the audience liked it. SM2 was front-loaded. It happened and it still happens with sequels.

Didnt SM2 have a bigger multiplier, though? If my math isn't fucked up, its a 4.2 to a 3.5. Then look at the effect that SM2 had on SM3s opening weekend, compared to SM1s effect on SM2. It doesn't stack up. Edited by Orestes

I just don't know where he gets his audacity from. He overshot this by a massive margin. But that's not the way he carries himself. No dignity for that boy.