Shawn Robbins

The Official TASM Weekly Thread (6 Day EST-140m) (Warning: Whiten Out Spoilers/Spoiler Tags)

• Founder / Operator

Are you still that low?

Whatever my final prediction was, I'm not changing it based on a midnight number alone. So -- technically, yes. :PI see it landing between $220-245m. But my final prediction was on the low-end of that.
  • Like 1

I gotta go to sleep.....nearly midnight now.....Fun will resume tomorrow..... and god-willing a grand crow serving ceremony. We will do it together, Kayu. :PGood night, you must be feeling a hell lot more sleepier than me.

:goodnight:

I'm not talking about you, I know you'd never deny that. But I'm seeing some people trying to spin it differently, we need AA here to remember people that baumer wasn't alone in his madness.

You predict 400........................... :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

From BOM: For The Amazing Spider-Man to have the same midnight haul, even with inflated ticket prices and a more hospitable release date, is a minor accomplishment for sure.Someone intentionally forgot to post this. Hmmm.

Whatever my final prediction was, I'm not changing it based on a midnight number alone. So -- technically, yes. :PI see it landing between $220-245m. But my final prediction was on the low-end of that.

I hope a 30 mill+ OD tomorrow changes your mind :shades:

• Founder / Operator

I'm not talking about you, I know you'd never deny that. But I'm seeing some people trying to spin it differently, we need AA here to remember people that baumer wasn't alone in his madness.

I think people entertained the notion of it. His club is more about the idea than the actual number. It'll pass $200m.

From BOM: For The Amazing Spider-Man to have the same midnight haul, even with inflated ticket prices and a more hospitable release date, is a minor accomplishment for sure.

Someone intentionally forgot to post this. Hmmm.

Or you could quote this part from the same article:

While the Spider-Man 3 comparison is a flattering one (that movie wound up earning $151.1 million through its first three days), it isn't really an apples-to-apples one. With kids still in school, the first weekend of May rarely turns out strong midnight numbers, while all kids and many adults are off leading in to the Fourth of July holiday. Also, the way in which audiences attend midnight movies has changed noticeably in the past few years: the top eight midnight openings ever have taken place since 2009 (only five of the top eight opening weekends are in that same time frame). Finally, with the addition of 3D and the drastically increased number of IMAX venues, tickets for The Amazing Spider-Man are much more expensive than those for Spider-Man 3.

:rolleyes: Spin much?

Edited by Iceroll Rises

The number is rock solid. I don't know how anyone can spin it into horrible or great.It's just a solid, solid, solid midnight number for a reboot. Take points off because it's a reboot -add points because it's Spidey. It's smack dabb in the the middle of the road right where it ought to be.