Impact

Impact's Year 3 Reviews! (Best and worse of the year on page 9)

August 9-11:

Vampires of Moscow

"One of the most laughably bad films"

This film was so laughably bad. Harris did such a painful job at the vampire. The movie is pure trash.

0 stars.

Go see: If your looking for a film with Niel Patrick Harris as a vampire.

Don't see: If you know how evil this film is ;)

Into the Breach

"Boring at times, but the acting is good"

I found the film to be rather boring. But the acting was good still. But overall it was forgetable.

3 stars.

Go see: If you want some fine acting.

Don't see: If you want a more exciting film.

August 16-18:

The Pink Panther the Movie

"One of the most niche animated films in years"

I thought this was fun, yet I do wish there was some talking. Yet the fact they made it like the original cartoon was intresting. This was a real niche film. Of course, I would like to see Peter Sellers and David Niven in this-but that be impossible. Still fun.

3.5 stars.

Go see: If you are a fan of the cartoons.

Don't see: If you want some better animation and talking.

Truth and Love

"One of the better romantic dramas"

I must say I'm not a fan of "lust" stories as I call them. But this was a love story and this was one of the better ones. The depression setting added to the drama. Hathaway did a great job and Tantum was not that bad. Women will love this I'm sure.

4 stars.

Go see: If you want a better love story for once.

Don't see: If you want some comedy.

"Rather enjoyable mystery comedy"

This reminded me of one of the comedy mystery films from the 1970s, Murder by Death in paticular. Which of course this is not as good and nobody could repeat Peter Falk in that film. Still quite fun. Though I think this would of been better toned down as PG-13. I still think this was quite fun though. Not as good as Clue either, but still see it.

3.5 stars.

Go see: If your intrested in a comical who done it.

Don't see: If you are the butler ;)

August 23-25:

Chuck Norris and Liam Neeson vs. The Loch Ness Monster

"Its a good satire"

I actually thought this was a good satire of Hollywood films. Yeah its not a great film, but the film just pokes fun at film making. Norris was great and I enjoyed Neeson.

3 stars.

Go see: If you want a funny satire of filmaking.

Don't see: If you don't want to.

River of Death

"Decent but very disturbing"

This was a decent film. But it is very disturbing. I doubt I will ever see this again. I was very surprise to see comedy director legend John Landis as the director of this. The movie is a bit overlong also. But it was made well I will admit.

3 stars.

Go see: If you want a good murder film.

Don't see: If you get disturbed easily.

El Libertador

"Great scenery"

The scenery is quite nice. The acting was decent. The movie was not fantastic but it was still a good film.

3.5 stars.

Go see: If you want some history.

Don't see: If you want some fun action film.

August 30-September 2:

Lizards

"Well it has that b movie vibe"

Has a nice b movie vibe. Yet it gets a bit too gory at times. And the movie gets strange also.

2.5 stars.

Go see: If you want a b movie.

Don't see: If you want to have that BBQ.

August 23-25:

Chuck Norris and Liam Neeson vs. The Loch Ness Monster

"Its a good satire"

I actually thought this was a good satire of Hollywood films. Yeah its not a great film, but the film just pokes fun at film making. Norris was great and I enjoyed Neeson.

3 stars.

Go see: If you want a funny satire of filmaking.

Don't see: If you don't want to.

YESSSSSSSSSS

September 6-8:

The Drowsy Chaperone

"Some catchy songs"

The songs are pretty catchy. And the costumes were great. Thats about it though.

3.5 stars.

Go see: If you want to be singing all day.

Don't see: If you want to not sing.

September 13-15:

The Ice Bridge

"Beautifuly shot, boring film"

This film was very beautifully shot, yet it was boring. Which sounds like something you expect from Terrance Mallick, not Ridley Scott. The fact that it was in some odd language they think they might of used made it worse. That really only worked for Mel Gibson in a couple of films that he did, here though it just felt odd. But I can forgive it for that. The actors were not that good. This is no Passion or Appocolpyto for sure in that field. But I still think the camera work deserves praise.

2.5 stars.

Go see: If you want to see some amazing camera work and be bored.

Don't see: If you want some fun.

Invasion of the Plant Men

"Pretty funny spoof"

This was a pretty funny spoof. The movie is very cheesey yet still funny. The lines are pretty good as well. Segal did a good job also.

3.5 stars.

Go see: If you want to see a funny sci fi.

Don't see: If your scared of plants.

September 20-22:

The Poet

"Pretty good mystery"

The acting in this mystery was pretty good. Though it did echo the film "The Raven" it still was made well. I hope this can somehow be remembered for the acting during the Oscars.

4 stars.

Go see: If your dying to know who did it.

Don't see: If your not dying to know.

Adventures of the Squid

"Another great animated film"

We have had some great animated films this year. This is another great one. Now it may be in the ocean but its not a Nemo or a Shark Tale rip off. Carell is quite funny in this and his song he sings is top notch.

4.5 stars.

Go see: If you have kids. Or heck if you want to see a great animated film.

Don't see: If you are serious.

Bigfoot

"Its okay"

Well outside of "51" I really disliked the found footage films this year. This is the 2nd best one behind 51. Though its not great. I do have to admit though that there was some good fear. And its great to see a film not about ghosts for once. And it is better then Blair Witch, but that is not that hard to do.

2 stars.

Go see: If you want to know where bigfoot is.

Don't see: If you want to see something better.

September 27-29:

The Summer Story

"Foster did a good job, but it was still confusing"

This film was not as near as good as I hoped it would be. I will admit Foster did a good job. But other then that it was kind of confusing really. I expected more I guess. I think it went to much back and forth. The script was decent, but not great. Still if your intrested in seeing this type of film go ahead.

3 stars.

Go see: If you want a intresting thriller.

Don't see: If you really don't want to see a confusing film.

The 13th Night III: The Masked Man Revealed

"Just die"

I asked myself while waching this "Why do they keep on making these?" Then I went "Oh right. Money." This film was crappy.

0 stars.

Go see: If your a "fan"

Don't see: If your sane :P

Okay Summer Story was just a bunch of dialouge was the problem also-and its late :P :lol:I really was not sure what to give it :PIt didn't feel like a Christopher Nolan film either....

Okay Summer Story was just a bunch of dialouge was the problem also-and its late :P :lol:I really was not sure what to give it :PIt didn't feel like a Christopher Nolan film either....

I liked it, and I agree it wasn't a total Nolan film, but I felt that it's a film that Nolan could've directed.

BOO! It's October!

October 4-6:

Z-Day

"I've seen worse"

Well I have seen worse. The acting was terrible as was the script. But it had some fun moments. Damon's supporting character brought tons of laughs I will admit.

2.5 stars.

Go see: If you want a new zombie film.

Don't see: If you think these films are "dying"

Go-Go Girls

"Even bad in the 60s!"

This film echoed some of the worse 60s films. With some of the worse actresses Hollywood has to offer, Lady Gaga, Brittney Spears and Cher together.I will admit the acting was so bad that it made it unintentionally funny. There was a catchy song at least.

.5 stars

Go see: If your looking for a unitnetional comedy.

Don't see: If you value your brain.

A Million Little Pieces

"The script was well written"

The script to the film was well written. Though I can't believe they casted Fergie in this film. She could not act. Still other then that it was pretty good.

4 stars.

Go see: If you want a well thought script.

Don't see: If your too young.

You know-we need giant bug films. Bring back Them! (Which did make 100M in CAYOM)And I did do a giant centipede film in the last year of CAYOM :P(Those would be way more scary then any of these zombie/ghost films)

Okay for Fatal's review I just had to do this, use characters from other films in it :lol:

October 11-13:

Fatal Rendezvous

"Amazing performances"

The perfomances were amazing in this. Iron...I mean RDJ did an amazing job. While Two Fa...I mean Eckheart was not that bad either. But wow RDJ was amazing. The script was well written and the film was well paced. Even Al Pacino was not that bad. Great film.

5 stars

Go see: If you want some of the best performances of the year.

Don't see: If you want Twilight level performances.

Gregor the Overlander

"This film creeped me out"

I hate bugs. This film was creepy. The cockroaches in an apartment, hey that is like the long forgotten film Joe's Apartment. This film was beyond strange, roaches worshiping the princess? This is suppose to be a kids film? I can't believe they had such a great cast in this film. Some good visuals here and there though. But yeah not something you want to watch. The only good family bug film was a Pixar film.... (Which was fantastic)

1.5 stars.

Go see: If you worship the bug king. (:lol:)

Don't see: If you value you and your childs life.

October 18-20:

Red Skin

"Good performances"

This film had some good performances. But this is not another True Grit or Unforgiven. The scenery was nice though. The plot though was thin at parts I thought though. Still decent.

3.5 stars.

Go see: If you want a new Western.

Don't see: If you want a good old fashion western.

October 25-27:

Silence!

"If your a fan of gory horrors, this is for you"

Tons of gore? Check. Thrills? Check. No plot? Check. Yep these are all the things that someone who loves slashers or toture horrors will love. Now I will admit the score was great in the film. But overall it was not great. Still for horror fans during Halloween this is for them.

1 star.

Go see: If you love horrors.

Don't see: If you don't.