Moviedweeb

SAT/Wkd Numbers (EST TASM $23.8m(+15%)/$65m; Savages $5.6m(-2%)/$16.2m; KP 2.5m(-8%)/7.2m

Holly shit!!

Electro?!?! Can't believe they are using that one! But they are teasing the appearence of Green Goblin in one of the future movies.

Yeah I was like

HOLY FUCK I CAN'T FUCKING BELIEVE IT, it's Norman Osborn, than the close up on Connors happens and Comic Book Guy murmurs Electro and than the thunder and my mind was fucking blown. Everyone was talking about Norman Osborn and I actually was predisposed to see it that way but once that scene happened and comic book guy spelled I was like

Posted Image

Haha. I'm not sure how Electro will be played out, but I think they are taking theUltimate approach and have him as a supporting role. He can be some kind of Norman's personal bodyguard, or going even more crazy, the link between Norman AND Wilson Fisk, since now we know that Kingpin actually belongs toSony and the Marvel Universe.

Edited by iJackSparrow
  • Like 1

So C John, what did you think of the film?

It is the movie I wanted to see 10 years ago. Really good. And the sequel has a huge potential. Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield are an adorable couple.
  • Like 1

Saw the movie finally:You can't just have TASM on par or slightly better than Spider-Man 1 for it to be a class apart. Spider-Man 1 blew people away as a new thing in 2002. People simply were not awed by TASM because its already been attempted. Even if it had been attempted, the new attempt is not as ground breaking as Spider-Man 1. This is why with cheaper tickets, lower theaters and no 3D tax, Spider-Man 1 made 400+ Million at the Box Office while with all those fiscal advantages, TASM will make less than Spider-Man 3.Spider-Man 1 - 8.5/10Spider-Man 2 - 10/10Spider-Man 3 - 6.5/10TASM - 7.5/10Despite the flaws in Spider-Man 1, there was a sense of newness and awe for something completely new, something never before attempted. if THIS TASM was released in 2001, it would have been a 9.5/10

It is the movie I wanted to see 10 years ago. Really good. And the sequel has a huge potential. Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield are an adorable couple.

TOLDJA!So looking forward to the sequel.
  • Like 2

I feel slightly weird that SM2 is the only one by and large I really enjoyed out of this franchise.TASM in a distant second. Never been a big fan of the first, and the third...well it was something alright (both awesome and abysmal).

Yeah I was like

HOLY FUCK I CAN'T FUCKING BELIEVE IT, it's Norman Osborn, than the close up on Connors happens and Comic Book Guy murmurs Electro and than the thunder and my mind was fucking blown. Everyone was talking about Norman Osborn and I actually was predisposed to see it that way but once that scene happened and comic book guy spelled I was like

Posted Image

Haha. I'm not sure how Electro will be played out, but I think they are taking theUltimate approach and have him as a supporting role. He can be some kind of Norman's personal bodyguard, or going even more crazy, the link between Norman AND Wilson Fisk, since now we know that Kingpin actually belongs toSony and the Marvel Universe.

I think Sinister Six could be used in TASM2.

I think I would prefer it if they didnt jump straight to Sinister Six. It would be better if they used at least a couple of those villains separately first before having them gang up on Spidey. But, that would require Sony to think beyond the "Trilogy then Reboot" model.

• Like 1

Hell fucking no. Too soon, let's wait for The Amazing Spider Spider-Man 6th and 7th installment for that. It can't be done so soon.

If TASM and SM l was released in 2001, I would chose TASM.

I feel that slowly people will come around to The Amazing Spider-Man as one of the best films of the genre ever. The ending is just fucking brilliant. And to whoever criticized the Lizard: hands down the BEST villain of the year so far. Fucking brilliant and menacing as hell.

I feel that slowly people will come around to The Amazing Spider-Man as one of the best films of the genre ever. The ending is just fucking brilliant. And to whoever criticized the Lizard: hands down the BEST villain of the year so far. Fucking brilliant and menacing as hell.

Hell no, Loki was a far superior villain to the Lizard.(This hasn't been the best year for 'villains') Edited by MrPink

Not to mention it is on track for 900m worldwide. More than three times the budget

That should make it break even if they spent about 100 mill on the marketing WW, if not more.

Hell fucking no. Too soon, let's wait for The Amazing Spider Spider-Man 6th and 7th installment for that. It can't be done so soon.

I agree so how about Doc Oc with Electro in TASM 2 with possibly doing the Sinister Six by TASM 4.

Hell no, Loki was a far superior villain to the Lizard.(This hasn't been the best year for 'villains')

Disagree completely. Bane will have to do much more than play the James Bond villain of the week to steal Lizard's thunder. Loki is much more like McKellen's Fassbender's Magneto is, and while the Lizard also is a conflicted villain, he is the best villain of the year and best Spidey villain IMO, truly impressed with Ifans performance and the cgi of Lizard on film. Pretty much like Hulk it looks brilliant in the big screen but meh in pictures.

If it makes 900M WW, TASM will be in Black not break even. ;)

Maybe, depends on what their return is in Asia.

I liked Amazing Spiderman, but it's foolish to compare Loki to baby Godzilla. Loki was a much better villain.

It's The Amazing Spider-Man and at least the crowd that I hang out with afterward the film was over was mind blown by how awesome the Lizard looked in film, it's pretty much how I felt about Hulk before seen The Avengers and after I've seen the film.