Moviedweeb

SAT/Wkd Numbers (EST TASM $23.8m(+15%)/$65m; Savages $5.6m(-2%)/$16.2m; KP 2.5m(-8%)/7.2m

Having a $50 million overseas weekend doesn't exactly scream $800 million worldwide, just yet.I'd like to give it the benefit of the doubt, but Ice Age is a merciless overseas monster.

but only 11 markets

Having a $50 million overseas weekend doesn't exactly scream $800 million worldwide, just yet.I'd like to give it the benefit of the doubt, but Ice Age is a merciless overseas monster.

It was only in some markets last weekend. 800M WW shouldn't be much of a problem since it'll make over 300M in Asia alone.

Well it is still Spidey so it still has massive overseas appeal so it should get to 800M WW no problem.

Well of course it was going to experience an attendance drop. Its a reboot for crying out loud! It is basically an ad for the sequel which is where the real money will come from. Some people had this doing under 200m and even though its on track to do 250, they still have the nerve to come here and laugh at the drops its having as if they were right....

• Like 1

Spider-Man is certainly only secondary to Avengers as far as overseas appeal when it comes to Superheroes, but there are still limits. Spider-Man 1 & 2 nearly performed exactly the same, and it was Spider-Man 3 that brokeout in Asian markets. TASM will have to basically equal SM3's overseas take to meet these $800m+ predictions.

Well of course it was going to experience an attendance drop. Its a reboot for crying out loud! It is basically an ad for the sequel which is where the real money will come from.Some people had this doing under 200m and even though its on track to do 250, they still have the nerve to come here and laugh at the drops its having as if they were right....

And most of the people talking in here had it going 300+ and above. :rotfl: Edited by JackO

one person, firedeep, who makes a lot of over the top predictions (no offense firedeep)

And Fullbuster and a few others. No offense to them, just saying that 800m WW would not be viewed as a success compared to some people's expectations.

600m overseas at least is happening. It is doing very well in Asia and it looks like it is off to a great start in the UK as well. Also, in Germany where it had an average opening it looks like it is having only a scant 7 percent drop this weekend, and this is with competition from Ice Age 4

Pretty sure most people had it around 200-300and it'll land somewhere in the middle. You on the other hand had it at under 200... Why are you laughing again?

200-300M seriously? And I had it at 230 and it is looking to land at 250, in other words 92% that's why I am :rotfl: