Ice Age: Continental Drift

14 members have voted

1. 1. Grade Ice Age: Continental Drift

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Saw it today in 3D. It was better than the 3rd movie. I thought it was funny. Really love those characters. I was 8 when I saw the first one in theaters, and since then I saw all of these movies in theaters. Sid, Diego and Manny are like a huge part of my childhood. And Scrat, one of the best characters created in an animation movie ever, still makes me laugh out loud. It isn't a masterpiece, and the story makes no sense (the way the continents spilt... still, it is better than the dinosaurs living underground... there is a cameo of Buck in the beginning :lol:), but it is funny and the kids will love it. If you are a fan of this franchise, I see no reason to not see this one.7/10

Sooo much fun - I love seeing films where you hear genuine laughter among the kids over funny things that aren't always poop and fart jokes. As for the film, it was great if #2 is the worst this series ever does I will be happy because its only been uphill from there.My Wife and I agreed that part of the reason it was better than 2 & 3 is that as a Journey movie (more so than 2/3) it seemed to be bigger in scope and sequence and the character interactions were better than the previous installments.A- great filmAnd I know this will be sacrilege but we both agreed that of the trio of animated films this summer we enjoyed this one the best.

It was quite bad. My four friends loved it. They were laughing throughout and so was the rest of the theatre.Some bits were indeed hilarious like IA3 (the best of the franchise, anchored by Pegg) but a lot of it was so, so cliche. The dialogue was horrendous from the awful teenage sassy mammoths to Manny's family bits and Diego's love. Sid was stupid as usual and even moreso when the rest of the plot is sagging along.This is getting into semantics but the continent stuff and the whole ape beating mammoth/being unable to fall off iceberg's at a 90 degree angle was all retarded. I love the visual inventiveness that animators normally bring, sight gags can make movies for me, but despite some awesome sequences, the dialogue, as I previously mentioned was really, really awful in parts. I couldn't bear to listen to it. Literally, "CHARACTER BEAT HERE" kind of irrelevant speech.

I'm surprised to say this but I just loved it, it was great!

Granny is a new and very funny character, really a great one :D Our favorite rodent is still very funny.

I guess Ice Age 5 will be about the exploration of the new world, maybe we'll see Indians :D

For me it's A

I don't regret not getting into this franchise. 

I only saw trailers and TV spots for this movie, and they look bad so I don't have any desires to check out the movie.

It's a mega success BO-wise OS, so good for it.