A Marvel Fanboy

Assassin's Creed | 12/21/2016 | Michael Fassbender, Marion Cotillard | Final Trailer on Page 71

36 minutes ago, mrqe93 said:

So what is BO outlook on this one?

Will it be able to make $200mil DOM, $500 WW? AC fanbase is huge but competition is fierce during that period - Passengers and Rouge One. 

Unlikely, it's opening against Passengers, and a week after Rogue One $20m/$70m would be my guess. that song in the trailer pretty much killed its chances at the BO. and while I liked some of the trailer. certain scenes were giving off PoP vibes. why doesn't hollywood just move forward with that Uncharted movie already, it's the most movie like video game ever.

Edited by Kalo

11 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Why hat is Passengers guaranteed to do well? At best it might be a 100m movie but not much more 

Its not guaranteed to do well but it has a lot more going for it right now than this does

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ThatOneGuy said:

Am I the only one who loved the song choice?

Not at all, I loved the song choice. Unbearable nerds might take issue with it, but the general public LOVES Kanye's music. And this song is fitting.

2 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Kayne insulted Taylor Swift and is married to the Kardashians.

He is not loved by the wider public but he has a base.

He made , in that moment of infamy, Taylor Swift more famous exponentially than she already was -most people didn't even know who she was at that point- and he did it while being absolutely right. No one remembers that song or the video she won for, but Single Ladies, is, to this day, an iconic music video and staple in the modern woman's playlist. /kanye shrug

Edited by Otakusai

Just now, Otakusai said:

He made Taylor Swift famous, and he did it while being absolutely right. No one remembers that song or the video she won for, but Single Ladies, is, to this day, an iconic music video and staple in the modern woman's playlist. /kanye shrug

:ohmygod:

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

Chris Pratt/Jenifer Lawrence space romance? Yeah its got plenty going for it.

Uh nobody cares about JLaw anymore as evidenced by the recent pathetic drop off of Mockingjay 2 and the Joy flop and Pratt has not been proven to be a draw either 

• Like 2

I see a bunch of people re-editing the video with awful music choices. That reddit thread is full of stupid music from 'Lorde' to generic and stale 'pump up' tracks.

Assassin's Creed isn't some famous property outside of the gaming world that plays it. The film has to aim for some mass appeal. I'm not very fond of Kanye's music but song fit the mood of the trailer perfectly. It only one bar of lyrics in it and besides that, the track basically worked as an effective alternative to that 'Vaaaah' trailer horn that we always get.

Whoever made the music choice was a genius.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Otakusai said:

He made , in that moment of infamy, Taylor Swift more famous exponentially than she already was -most people didn't even know who she was at that point- and he did it while being absolutely right. No one remembers that song or the video she won for, but Single Ladies, is, to this day, an iconic music video and staple in the modern woman's playlist. /kanye shrug

Most people knew who Taylor Swift was she has been famous for years. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Otakusai said:

I see a bunch of people re-editing the video with awful music choices. That reddit thread is full of stupid music from 'Lorde' to generic and stale 'pump up' tracks.

Assassin's Creed isn't some famous property outside of the gaming world that plays it. The film has to aim for some mass appeal. I'm not very fond of Kanye's music but song fit the mood of the trailer perfectly. It only one bar of lyrics in it and besides that, the track basically worked as an effective alternative to that 'Vaaaah' trailer horn that we always get.

Whoever made the music choice was a genius.

Wait till you see my one mate.

• Like 1

I didn't mind the music choice. I thought it worked well with the visuals. But then I have never played the game at all. Feels nice going into a movie with no preconceptions about how it should or shouldn't be coloring my perspective.

• Like 2