A Marvel Fanboy

Assassin's Creed | 12/21/2016 | Michael Fassbender, Marion Cotillard | Final Trailer on Page 71

The embargo lifts on December 19 12PM PST/3PM EST.

Also, even though there are embargoes, people don't follow them or violate them outright.  FYI, Pete Hammond outright violated the review embargo for Rogue One and no one batted an eyelash.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, antovolk said:

*publicly anyway. Just wait till he isn't invited to the VIII junket (although yes there is an element of untouchability with the trades like THR, Deadline, The Wrap...)

It's mind-boggling though if they are given the same embargoes and they violate them without reciprocation.  I doubt anything happens to Deadline and Hammond as a result, unless you have information otherwise.  

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, UTJeff said:

Just FYI, this movie cost over $200 million, and it's projections have it at about $20 million for its opening weekend.  So yeah.  

That's with marketing including, but I don't see it being a financial success either

8 minutes ago, UTJeff said:

There is something about video games that don't translate and films don't capture.  Games are a step beyond movies because they enable gamers to become those characters in epic stories.

Yeah, that was the reason Michael took it upon on himself to produce an original story with new characters

1 minute ago, The Futurist said:

At this point, R1 is gonna do 600m.

What else there is for Christmas to see ? 

Not much.

people will just stay at home and do other things if there's nothing that interest them in the theaters.

• Like 1

Funny how the embargo breakers are always mixed to negative, hungry to be the first. Anyway, still not bad reviews. Script being where it stumbles I guess is expected, even with Fassbender really trying to get it right, which they seem to have done in many ways. 

Definitely feels like the 140 min running time that was everywhere was a more complete version, wonder why they cut 40 min if there is a 140 min cut. I'm definitely happy though that they got the rest right apparently. Maybe too much sequel building though? Fassbender did say it's built as a trilogy, but unless this overperforms, there might not be. 

I kinda wish the whole movie could take place during the inquisition though, I don't think you can do without the present day stuff though, it's narratively needed. Like the games, I don't know how you do it without the present day. 

Edited by TimmyRiggins
  • Like 2

I did see it last night. Some brief impressions.

Nice action scenes on big screen, but not much else I'll be honest. The script is a mess like everyone was saying. That ending was a bit of a joke. 

Too much info thrown at you as well. Didn't care about half the characters and plot they told me.

Meh overall. Doubt I'll see it again.

• Like 2