Avatar has 83% critics approval on RT

Avatar has 84% audience approval on RT

Avatar has 83% metacritic approval rating on metacritic

Avatar has 7.5 user rating on metacritic

Avatar recieved an A cinemascore

Avatar was nominated for a Best Picture Oscar

Avatar is the 1st highest grossing movie of All Time Domestically

Avatar is the 1st highest grossing movie of All Time Internationally

Yet a lot of people think it's a bad film, quite understandably.

Considering I can barely even remember the car chases in Wanted, Rush Hour 3 and the Bourne films, I'd be inclined to disagree. (I can't remember many in Transformers 3 either, but I'm deliberately repressing my memories of that film, so that's understandable.) Also, I've never seen Gone in 60 seconds, Terminator 3, Bad Boys II or the Island so I can't count those.

Also, I'd point out that just because better car chases exist out there, it doesn't make TDKR's any worse.

If you can't remember the car chases in those films then you're opinion is irrelevant. Im not saying TDKR was bad, just saying there are better car chase sequences in numerous amount of movies. That's not even an opinion, its science ;)

• Like 1

If you can't remember the car chases in those films then you're opinion is irrelevant. Im not saying TDKR was bad, just saying there are better car chase sequences in numerous amount of movies. That's not even an opinion, its science ;)

If I can't remember the car chases in those films then it means they didn't make any serious impression on me. Hence, in my mind at least, they can't have been as good as you're claiming them to be.

And yes, there are better car chase sequences in many other movies. That's obvious. Doesn't in any way make TDKR's car chase any better/worse.

Well this is news to me. Im stunned at this. Youre telling me a series of films from the 80s and 90s with a niche bunch of fans in the horror genre didnt make as money as the final chapter to one of the biggest comic book superhero movies? Who knew?

• Like 1

Well this is news to me. Im stunned at this. Youre telling me a series of films from the 80s and 90s with a niche bunch of fans in the horror genre didnt make as money as the final chapter to one of the biggest comic book superhero movies? Who knew?

Well glad that old saying of "you learn something new every day" still applies to you, baumer :P

• Like 1

If I can't remember the car chases in those films then it means they didn't make any serious impression on me. Hence, in my mind at least, they can't have been as good as you're claiming them to be.

Wait, I'm not claiming them to be some masterpiece in film-making, I'm just saying they were better chase scenes than the one in TDKR, which they are. If you can't remember them, especially the Bourne scenes then why are you even commenting on them?

And yes, there are better car chase sequences in many other movies. That's obvious. Doesn't in any way make TDKR's car chase any better/worse.

So there are better chases but that doesn't make them better? Is that what you are trying to say? Actually don't bother answering that, you were clearly dropped on your head as a child so explaining the most simple thing will probably confuse you.
  • Like 1