The Dark Knight Rises

230 members have voted

1. 1. Grade The Dark Knight Rises

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Look.. I dont think its a bad film, per se. I just think the script is really half-assed, especially on Nolan's standards, and makes for a frustrating, unsatisfying movie that doesn't hold up on repeated viewings.

Edited by Jack Nevada
  • Like 1

That was the most exhilarating scene you've ever seen??? Really??? By chance, are you on WB/DC's payroll or what??? You place this movie too high on a pedestal when in facft, it was simply a piece of shit, especially compared to TDK which in itself was also not that good..

IT WAS A FUCKING PHENOMENAL FILM THAT WAS UNIVERSALLY REGARDED AS THE SINGLE GREATEST TRILOGY CLOSER OF ALL TIME, FAR MORE CRITICALLY PRAISED THAN THAT WORTHLESS PIECE OF RAT SHIT IRON MAN 3!  OH, AND THE DARK KNIGHT IS UNIVERSALLY REGARDED AS THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK FILM EVER MADE!!!

Posted Image

MOST OVERRATED FILM OF 2012! DEAL WITH IT!!!

• Like 1

Why did they send literally every cop in the Gotham police forces into the tunnel when it was so obviously going to be a trap?

There was nothing obvious about it being a trap.  He saw someone planning an attack on the city from underneath.

What is remarkably well written and textured about this scene is how Gordon wanted to prevent Foley from utilizing the police force from going after Batman, given that he pulled them off the pursuit of Bane from earlier.  Combined with the physical trauma from earlier arguably causing a lapse in judgement makes this scene far less telegraphed and contrived that others you would see from other studios

Listen, I can't begin to understand how it must feel to be in your shoes knowing TDKR was basically ass raped at the box office from TA and because of that, it's easy for you to think of it as pointless.. This is what Therapy is for...

Apparently you already utilize it yourself, I know it must be difficult trying to stave off the psychosis caused by the Avengers getting thoroughly butt-fucked by THE DARK KNIGHT critically when you were sure it would take every award on the planet.

One year later after all the TA hype has plummeted, The Dark Knight stands tall as the greatest comic book film ever made. Transcendent storytelling, like nothing we've ever seen before, ushering in the future of cinema.

The Avengers is already regarded as children's popcorn fluff and will eventually descend to "Cult" status, vastly overpraised by fans (and their sock puppet accounts) of the worst studio to come around since Happy Madison.

IT WAS A FUCKING PHENOMENAL FILM THAT WAS UNIVERSALLY REGARDED AS THE SINGLE GREATEST TRILOGY CLOSER OF ALL TIME, FAR MORE CRITICALLY PRAISED THAN THAT WORTHLESS PIECE OF RAT SHIT IRON MAN 3!  OH, AND THE DARK KNIGHT IS UNIVERSALLY REGARDED AS THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK FILM EVER MADE!!!

Toy Story 3 and Lord of the Rings: Return of the King are all higher rated trilogy closers critically than TDKR.

Also, the Dark Knight being regarded as one of the greatest comic book movies has absolutely no impact on the quality of TDKR.

Posted Image

MOST OVERRATED FILM OF 2012! DEAL WITH IT!!!

Ah yes, because readers of the LA Times are well known for being perfectly representative of filmgoers as a whole.

Also, 'overrated' automatically means bad, right? Not just 'not as good as its reputation suggests'.

Apparently you already utilize it yourself, I know it must be difficult trying to stave off the psychosis caused by the Avengers getting thoroughly butt-fucked by THE DARK KNIGHT critically when you were sure it would take every award on the planet.

You and I appear to have very different definitions of the words 'butt-fucked critically'  since Avengers is only 2% behind the Dark Knight on RT. Which isn't even close to butt-fucked. But it's also 6% higher than TDKR.

One year later after all the TA hype has plummeted, The Dark Knight stands tall as the greatest comic book film ever made. Transcendent storytelling, like nothing we've ever seen before, ushering in the future of cinema.

The Avengers is already regarded as children's popcorn fluff and will eventually descend to "Cult" status, vastly overpraised by fans (and their sock puppet accounts) of the worst studio to come around since Happy Madison.

*snicker*

You really believe the third highest grossing film of all time will descend to cult status? So how is that whole 'denying reality' thing working out for you?

• Like 3

You and I appear to have very different definitions of the words 'butt-fucked critically'  since Avengers is only 2% behind the Dark Knight on RT. Which isn't even close to butt-fucked.

and 13 on Metacritic, as well as lower on numerous other websites.  Hell, TDKR is rated higher than TA on those sites as well and has equal Average critic rating to TA despite its lower tomatometer, impressive.

• Like 1

and 13 on Metacritic, as well as lower on numerous other websites.  Hell, TDKR is rated higher than TA on those sites as well and has equal Average critic rating to TA despite its lower tomatometer, impressive.

Well, you have my apologies that I figured the word of the 301 critics on RT was a little more reliable than the word of the 43 critics on Metacritic.

• Like 1

TDKR was not about the action.

The scenes that stick out the most was Batman Returning, him climbing out the pit and the Statue scene.

Here is a interesting point.

TA has a higher rating then TDKR on world of KJ review forums out of 4.  

Edited by Lordmandeep

TDKR > TA.

DEAL WITH IT.

Why yes, The Dark Knight Rises is much better than the obscure 1982 horror film 'The Aftermath'. Don't really see why you needed to bring it up though.

And Marvel's The Avengers beats both of them anyway.

• Like 2

Not saying that this is 100% true, but out a survey of 3 of my friends from last night, each one claimed that TDKR was better then Avengers,but not as good as Dark Knight. All 3 of them still loved the Avengers though. 

Not saying that this is 100% true, but I went to a party last night with Abraham Lincoln, Winston Churchill and Godzilla and they all agreed that The Avengers was a much better film.

Yeah, i know what you really meant by 'not 100% true', but I couldn't resist that joke.

On a more serious note, different people have different opinions, etc etc and we're unlikely to get a definite consensus on whether people prefer Avengers or TDKR any time soon. Most of my friends prefer The Avengers to TDKR. I still know plenty of people who don't.

That said, I suspect TDKR is going to be looked upon less favourably after time has passed. There's already a noticeable hatedom forming towards it. While I doubt it'll reach Star Wars prequel levels, it's already lost a noticable amount of respect since its first release. Of course, this is mostly just my opinion and it's impossible to truly predict the future, etc etc