Olive

Weekend Actuals:TASM 62.0M/137.0M,TED 32.2M(-41%), Savages 16.0M

Guys, I know all this "it reverts back" business. Perhaps a sequel will indeed happen regardless if this is modest hit or a phenom 30 days from now. At the end of the day Sony still has a board of directors to answer to. If, IF this ends up being an underwhelmer of a "hit" the real pressure is on for whatever sequel may get made. You don't keep making movies where the Profit/Loss ratio is no longer in your favor just to keep the property from reverting back to Marvel.

I agree with you. I think TASM2 is going to be the movie that shows whether Sony will continue to make Spider-Man movies or deem them not worth the loss on investment.

Pretty sure only one loony was predicting 400m. That hardly qualifies as most.

Almost every loonie was in the 300m+ camp. That was pretty much a requirement for being a loony. It will come a good $50m shy of that now, if not even more.

Other films with larger opening weekends than The Amazing Spider-Man:HulkMadagascar: Escape 2 Africa2012Ice Age: The MeltdownPlanet of the Apes (2001)The Day After TomorrowTwilight (all of 'em)Dr. Seuss' The LoraxAustin Powers 3

And that's without the marketing. And how much did it make worldwide? 373 M. Your comparisons are laughable.

Which was easily the highest of the Batman has grossed WW until TDK came along. :rolleyes:

Other films with larger opening weekends than The Amazing Spider-Man:HulkMadagascar: Escape 2 Africa2012Ice Age: The MeltdownPlanet of the Apes (2001)The Day After TomorrowTwilight (all of 'em)Dr. Seuss' The LoraxAustin Powers 3

this is simply an unfair comparison since those were all Friday releases

I did not like the trailers, clips, etc released by Sony. I thought it showed obvious flaws.Flaws there were later proven to be from Sony's meddling as proved by Vulture, indirewire, et al. Am I not entitled to my opinion?

You did not answer the question.

Eh, it probably would've made 95-105m if it opened on a 3-day weekend.