Olive

Weekend Actuals:TASM 62.0M/137.0M,TED 32.2M(-41%), Savages 16.0M

hey you know what is funny. If you look at the dailies ASM is far from the only film that had a harsh Sunday drop. Brave and Madagascar 3 both fell harder. In fact all of the "family" oriented type films had rather harsh dropshttp://boxofficemojo...=spiderman4.htm

Stop trying. People who call themselves rational won't see it that way.

lol

I predicted a 140 M 6-day. Oh, I was off by 3 M. I need this one. But please, cook it.

kayumanggi - 140 - 160 M six-day | 300 M - 320 M total

I wonder why people change their predictions just because they ended up wrong?

Even if this fails to reach 300 M domestic or 1 B worldwide, is it a failure? NO? Of course it will disappoint some but the inevitable is going to happen: THE SEQUEL

Inevitable 2: sequel decreasing?

Ouch at that Sunday drop for TASM. We're firmly in July, and for a major July blockbuster, that is a pretty bad Sunday drop. That certainly does not indicate that WOM is great for this, not with a drop like that. After the consecutive large drops on Wednesday and Thursday, and now this large Sunday drop, the numbers indicate WOM is not that good, which is not a good sign for a film.300M is firmly out of the question. We could be looking at a domestic range as low as 230-260M.

• Like 1

I wonder why people change their predictions just because they ended up wrong?

Did I change that? You don't know how to read? 140 M. God. Keep spinning.And I won't deny that I predicted 300 M for this.Wow, what a $%#*!

NO 300M for Spider-Man.

Goal: 250M.

And with that reported budget of $230m TASM is going to need lots of Worldwide $$$ to make it look modestly well.

Otherwise this thing comes crashing down like Superman Returns. Early talk of sequels will mean zip if reality 30 days from now isn't something to rally around.

Don't argue with Kayu about TASM. Unless you wanna be compared to a terrorist. ;)

Yes. Because some people here act like one. FULL OF HATE. I pity their families. I really don't know what kind of relationships (if they even have one) these people have if they have this kind of character.

And with that reported budget of $230m TASM is going to need lots of Worldwide $$$ to make it look modestly well.

Otherwise this thing comes crashing down like Superman Returns. Early talk of sequels will mean zip if reality 30 days from now isn't something to rally around.

Sony will make another one, they're desperate to keep the rights to Spiderman.

no need to worry. ASM still looks like it will have a worldwide gross that is three times its production budget

Unlike WB and Superman's film rights, Sony doesn't own the rights, they're leased from Marvel. Part of that lease states that they have to make a Spider-Man movie every x amount of years (5 i think) or the rights revert back. So, the early talk of sequels means more than zip because Sony isn't just gonna let Spider-Man go. Edited by Orestes
  • Like 1