ecstasy

Scarlett Johansson About To Get Paid Like A Boss

http://www.huffingto...f=entertainment

Scarlett Johansson's turn as Black Widow in "The Avengers" was so well-received that producers are willing to throw some serious cash her way for the sequel. According to The New York Post, she has been offered a record-breaking $20 million to reprise her role in the second film.

Edited by ECSTASY

Scarlett Johansson's turn as Black Widow in "The Avengers" was so well-received that producers are willing to throw some serious cash her way for the sequel. According to The New York Post, she has been offered a record-breaking $20 million to reprise her role in the second film.

$350-400 million budget for the sequel. If Scarlett's getting $20 million, I can't even imagine what RDJ and the guys will get. $30 million+?

I'm curious as to how $20m is record-breaking for a female? I'm pretty positive that Julia Roberts and Cameron Diaz have both received that sum before, and probably a couple more ladies.

I'm curious as to how $20m is record-breaking for a female? I'm pretty positive that Julia Roberts and Cameron Diaz have both received that sum before, and probably a couple more ladies.

Interesting. The article says Angelina Jolie has the standing record at 19m. But I agree, I thought Julia Roberts was getting that much in her hey dey. Hmmm

This goes back to the article that telemachos posted. I don't buy that they would offer her that kind of money. There is no need.

• Like 5

This goes back to the article that telemachos posted. I don't buy that they would offer her that kind of money. There is no need.

I know right? How unreasonable would an actor have to be that the only way they'd come back is if they got $20m out of it?

is what telemachos posted. This seems like a likely scenario.If Scarjo got paid 2 mill for Avengers, and that seems right because I think I remember reading that Evans and Ruffalo were paid that, then a bump to 5 mill would be more than sufficient. And Marvel is notoriously cheap with their actors. Rourke got 500,000K to do IM2 and I don't think Cheadle got much either. So 20 mill for her for TA2...BULLSHIT.
  • Like 3

I can see that after being paid relatively low for their multiple film deals and reports that Marvel played serious hardball, that the main actors are all trying to get serious raises in the wake of TA fantastic success. However I don't think BW is worth $20m, for the amount of screentime etc. And if she gets $20m then what are the rest getting? Way to add over $100-200m on your budget without even trying.

Yep.I distinctly remember a slew of articles about Diaz joining Julia in the $20m club when she signed on for Charlie's Angels 2. So someone is smoking something good on this whole thing. Wrong info all around. "NOT A RECORD" (ha) and no way is she making that much for TA2.

But she headlined the film, and was the star. Plus, Jolie's fame >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Scarlet's Fame.

He was just pointing out that Angelina was one of 3-4 other women who have already made $20m for one picture. Hence the "record-breaking" part being bogus.