CJohn

Iron Man 3 OS thread ($803,300,000)

Speaking of MoS, the trailer that was shown before IM3 got a very positive response. People were clapping and cheering. I was kinda surprised. I'm starting to think that it could challenge IM3's box office here. Especially if it's a good movie.

• Like 1

Because the series isn`t up there with LOTR, actors are getting zero buzz and our generation has their own heroes. It`s a passe thing.

I disagree. Superheroes movies are very successful in this moment, it's a one-decade trend already, however you forget these heroes have been created decades ago, the universe of LOTR isn't that old and heroic-fantasy is timeless.

I had doubts about THe Hobbit before its release, but when I watched I became eager to watch the other parts. I'm not worry about The Hobbit 2 :)

• Like 1

This won't top DH2 WW. In order for that to happen, it'd need to do 500m domestically, or probably even more than that.

About IM3 BOM expects $400m DOM and $600m OS

For Man of Steel they expect $290m DOM, $360m OS

For STiD they expect $250m DOM and $400m OS

http://boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=3674&p=.htm

I think they're really pessimistic about MoS, I expect more than $300m DOM and $450m OS

I disagree. Superheroes movies are very successful in this moment, it's a one-decade trend already, however you forget these heroes have been created decades ago, the universe of LOTR isn't that old and heroic-fantasy is timeless.

I had doubts about THe Hobbit before its release, but when I watched I became eager to watch the other parts. I'm not worry about The Hobbit 2 :)

Hobbit isn`t a cinematic achievement and its cast won`t be relevant. Nobody will remmeber their names before this decade is over. Also, many other movies are going to be tons more on top of being cinematic achievements. This is the age of Asgard and Galaxy and Galaxy Far Far Away and Panem. Not ME.

Nobody believed me when I said that Viggo wouldn`t become big and that Borelando would fade and that Shitto would bomb immediately. And I was right. These Z-listers and shampoo shill will go down too. I have a knack for stars. I discovered Hems.

About IM3 BOM expects $400m DOM and $600m OSFor Man of Steel they expect $290m DOM, $360m OSFor STiD they expect $250m DOM and $400m OS http://boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=3674&p=.htm I think they're really pessimistic about MoS, I expect more than $300m DOM and $450m OS

Thinking that ST2 will outgross MoS OS is just plain dumb IMO
  • Like 3

Hobbit isn`t a cinematic achievement and its cast won`t be relevant. Nobody will remmeber their names before this decade is over. Also, many other movies are going to be tons more on top of being cinematic achievements. This is the age of Asgard and Galaxy and Galaxy Far Far Away and Panem. Not ME.

Nobody believed me when I said that Viggo wouldn`t become big and that Borelando would fade and that Shitto would bomb immediately. And I was right. These Z-listers and shampoo shill will go down too. I have a knack for stars. I discovered Hems.

TH2 : DoS will decrease domestically but overseas markets are a different beast these days. If the competition there is light then DoS may very well increase over The Hobbit 1.

^^^ Yeah, he is wrong on that. STiD has less than 5% chance of beating MoS. Superman is huge overseas and no one cares about Star Trek. Star Trek will get destroyed by FF6 and TH3 in the overseas markets.

I agree.He predicts 400 mill :PI'm thinking 200-240 mill max