890,985 -> 3m (BD2: 5.2m)

Uruguay:
185,791 -> 500k (BD2: 400k)

Venezuela:
1,692,559 -> 4m (BD2: 9.4m)

Total Latin America:
32.9m -> 88m

Those sound good to me :P

Only 2 people srsly think that it'll do a billion, really? On many markets result will be 2, or even 3, times better, so ~600 indeed.

It could very well do 1B. I personally have it at 950M WW right now. I just want to stay conservative for now. If we happen to get big news on OS numbers, then I'll most def bump it up to 1B.

I'm thinking $850m WW at an absolute maximum. That's taking into account slight increase/stable DOM and a HUGE OS increase. Anything $950m+ is honestly a bit unrealistic. DH2 - possibly the most anticipated movie ever - was the only Potter film to get over a billion, with help of 3D (ill acknowledge it was minimal), and 10 years of build up - $1B for CF is not happening.

• Like 1

Why not? ALL Potter movies adjust to over 1b and they were in 2D.

THG franchises biggest problem is overseas not increasing enough, and DOM possibly decreasing.Potter was big enough from the get go, even in 2001 $$, to maintain that $1B adjusted benchmark.

Did Jennifer take a percentage off the gross?She should.

From HR:The actress is in the final stages of negotiating a rich deal to return for Catching Fire that will pay her somewhere in the $10 million range, according to sources close to the deal. The figure is a combination of salary, bonuses and escalators. Depending on the box-office performance of the film, she could earn much more.

I'm thinking $850m WW at an absolute maximum. That's taking into account slight increase/stable DOM and a HUGE OS increase.

Anything $950m+ is honestly a bit unrealistic. DH2 - possibly the most anticipated movie ever - was the only Potter film to get over a billion, with help of 3D (ill acknowledge it was minimal), and 10 years of build up - $1B for CF is not happening.

If only HP was more popular in NA. I still almost puke at the fact that all but one Twilight film is on par with all but one HP movie in domestic BO. :puke:

Btw, DH2 needed no help (not even minimal) to get to 1Bn. You see, it needed to increase less than 50m from DH1 to hit the mark, and it almost did that in Dom BO alone (in 2D $$, it would have done about 330-340m against DH1's 290m)

If only HP was more popular in NA. I still almost puke at the fact that all but one Twilight film is on par with all but one HP movie in domestic BO. :puke:Btw, DH2 needed no help (not even minimal) to get to 1Bn. You see, it needed to increase less than 50m from DH1 to hit the mark, and it almost did that in Dom BO alone (in 2D $$, it would have done about 330-340m against DH1's 290m)

DH2 would have done 355m without 3D.