iceroll

Catching Fire OS Thread || 438m

no reason for ppl to pay 4 3D in case of tis movie (lol like many others as well)

hmm not bad 2nd wkend here - around $5 m

maybe will get to 25 mil as i originally thought

will lose screens to 2 local movies & cap Phillips this time

Edited by Leyla

no reason for ppl to pay 4 3D in case of tis movie (lol like many others as well)

hmm not bad 2nd wkend here - around $5 m

maybe will get to 25 mil as i originally thought

will lose screens to 2 local movies & cap Phillips this time

Will it be a big drop?

I don't think this has much chance of hitting 500m when the hobbit is being released in just a weeks time, should cut the legs of CF a decent amount.

Expected. But still, I am more than pleased with CF performance. Very good hold for a fan-based type of flick.

MJ 1 and 2 should be 3D for overseas release. That is a good 100 million+ being left out for no reason.

And an easy $50 loss DOM. Based on how much it costs to convert to "high quality" 3D (if such a conversion exists) and how much of that $100m OS LG would actually pocket... It's really not worth their time, IMHO.

And an easy $50 loss DOM. Based on how much it costs to convert to "high quality" 3D (if such a conversion exists) and how much of that $100m OS LG would actually pocket... It's really not worth their time, IMHO.

Why would it result in a loss DOM?  There would still be 2D options available.

I said earlier $390 - $420M.  I stick to  that.

I think it has already grossed tremendously in markets where it grossed big.  I don't see it improving by another $100M from there with The Hobbit and Frozen en route to do gangbuster business, halting its progress in their process.

Edited by Ent