CJohn

Frozen OS thread

Frozen just had its biggest day in SK thanks to holidays.

And it's officially biggest animated movie in Korea.

Saturday adimissions

625,245  total 5,437,732
It may pass 6M by the end of Sunday.
Edited by Olive
  • Like 7

Frozen just had its biggest day in SK thanks to holidays.

And it's officially biggest animated movie in Korea.

Saturday adimissions

625,245  total 5,437,732
It may pass 6M by the end of Sunday.

This is unbelievable. $45M-ish is expected by the end of this weekend and it has a far more way to go!

Disney Japan just released the official japanes movie version of let it go! :)

That's Takako Matsu? She's one of my favorite actresses in Japan! I know she can sing, but I didn't know she could sing that well :o. The singing is great but the lyrics though... I don't know, a little bit cheesy? Kinda too literal. It would work as a J-Pop song, not so much as a musical song. But that's just me. :P

I think a big reason why Frozen  is not so much overperforming in South America compared to Europe its because of the exchange rates and piracy. Not because of the Winter theme.

And because sadly, the Latin American dub was awful  :(

But hey, still made good bussiness and it is still on pace for a Billion so not really a big deal.

• Like 1

Great second week for Frozen in Turkey!!! $3.15 M. after 14 days (almost $1 M. more than what DM2 did last summer during its first 2 weeks)

http://boxofficeturkiye.com/

Took me a while to make heads or tails out of the page from that link. Finally figured out Frozen was Karlar Ülkesi

Over 3 m in 14 days, looks like my optimistic 5m estimate might end up being low. :D

$45M in SK by Sunday is awesome. I hope it keeps going, $55-$60 would just be amazing. Hopefully it's the other Hollywood movies they take screens from to make way for new local movies, Frozen looks too profitable for it to be the first choice to pull from theaters right now.

Edited by Incarnadine
  • Like 3

Does anyone have numbers from the OD in Sweden?

Can't find it yet either.

Interesting looking at the numbers though, it looks like Sweden can support movies enough to pass 20 million.

Desolation of Smaug is only 58k away and some movie that lists Disney as the studio with the unwieldy name of "The 100 Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared" is at 18.3m.

I still think 9-10m for Frozen, but like SK it appears there is potential for more.

Interesting looking at the numbers though, it looks like Sweden can support movies enough to pass 20 million.

Desolation of Smaug is only 58k away and some movie that lists Disney as the studio with the unwieldy name of "The 100 Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared" is at 18.3m.

And that is just what is playing right now. If we go back some years, Mamma Mia made 25M...

Edited by Tower

And that is just what is playing right now. If we go back some years, Mamma Mia made 25M...

Well, that seems like a no-brainer to be a big hit in Sweden. :P

That's actually a movie I regret not seeing in the theater. Sure, the plot is threadbare and is just an excuse  for the cast to move from song to song, and Pierce Brosnan's singing is an assault on the ears, but damn can Amanda Seyfried sing. She's been one of my favorite actresses ever since I saw MM.

Edited by Incarnadine

Well, that seems like a no-brainer to be a big hit in Sweden. :P

That's actually a movie I regret not seeing in the theater. Sure, the plot is threadbare and is just an excuse  for the cast to move from song to song, and Pierce Brosnan's singing is an assault on the ears, but damn can Amanda Seyfried sing. She's been one of my favorite actresses ever since I saw MM.

I may be the only person on earth who actually liked Brosnan's singing in that movie. Same with Crowe's in Les Mis.

Can't find it yet either. Interesting looking at the numbers though, it looks like Sweden can support movies enough to pass 20 million.Desolation of Smaug is only 58k away and some movie that lists Disney as the studio with the unwieldy name of "The 100 Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared" is at 18.3m.I still think 9-10m for Frozen, but like SK it appears there is potential for more.

Tangled did 8m in sweden. Frozen should at least double that like it has everywhere else.