CJohn

Frozen OS thread

Very creative, using the winter Olympics for the promo. The Olympics is a huge event in Japan, so that's very smart.

I just wish I knew Japanese so I could tell what they were saying about it. Hopefully there has been a lot of positive hype building over there the past few months  :)

They were saying that the movie was about the relationship between two sisters. And then they were talking about how the movie was a big hit, making the 3rd biggest 6th weekend ever after Titanic and Avatar, nominated for 2 Oscars: Best Animated Film and Best Original Song, also about how Let It Go was getting attention worldwide, and how the soundtrack was #1 on Billboard and sold 500k (should be updated, it's 1.2m now :P). Finally, they introduced the Japanese version of Let It Go.

I remember watching an older video of Japanese TV show where they were discussing the huge success of Frozen with 900m WW box office, Oscar nominations, and how the soundtrack beat Beyonce for #1 on Billboard. Even if you don't understand Japanese you could see that they were really impressed with Frozen's achievements. I'll post it when I found the video.

• Like 6

Lol Japan seems fixated on that third biggest sixth weekend after Avatar and Titanic thing. :D I love how this Japanese show has rainbows, sparkles and an overabundance of pink in their sets and graphics. It's like Hello Kitty is the CEO of the network producing the show!

Lol Japan seems fixated on that third biggest sixth weekend after Avatar and Titanic thing. :D I love how this Japanese show has rainbows, sparkles and an overabundance of pink in their sets and graphics. It's like Hello Kitty is the CEO of the network producing the show!

I find it a bit creepy to be honest lol.  :D

Just came back from watching sing along in SK. There were some loons who kept repeating the words of the film as well as the songs(don't they get that it's a sing-along not a talk-along??) and quite a few people stood up during Elsa's cornoration(You know when the bishop says "all rise for queen elsa of arendelle") and one guy even ran up the steps when Elsa did her run up the stairs during let it go.

Basically, movie ettiquette took a back seat for this film which was quite annoying and funny at the same time. Still overall I think I enjoyed the experience, but it's definately not something I'd do twice.

I'm going to go see the 4D version for my fourth (and last) viewing tomorrow b4 they pull the screens which means I'll have completed a grand slam for frozen (2D, 3D, 4DX and sing-along) :D

Edited by Rsyu
  • Like 8

Just came back from watching sing along in SK. There were some loons who kept repeating the words of the film as well as the songs(don't they get that it's a sing-along not a talk-along??) and quite a few people stood up during Elsa's cornoration(You know when the bishop says "all rise for queen elsa of arendelle") and one guy even ran up the steps when Elsa did her run up the stairs during let it go.

Basically, movie ettiquette took a back seat for this film which was quite annoying and funny at the same time. Still overall I think I enjoyed the experience, but it's definately not something I'd do twice.

I'm going to go see the 4D version for my fourth (and last) viewing tomorrow b4 they pull the screens which means I'll have completed a grand slam for frozen (2D, 3D, 4DX and sing-along) :D

Y'know, that actually sounds really cool. At the singalong I attended, I'm not sure anyone except my group of friends was singing along.

I've kinda been hoping that Frozen becomes the new Rocky Horror Picture Show: At least in the US, weekly showings at various theaters throughout the country and people come and do re-enactments while the film is playing and have specific responses to certain lines.

• Like 1

I think that's to be expected and part of the fun at a sing-a-long.  Most likely everyone has already seen the film and it's much more relaxed.  Me and my son sang alternate versions of some of the songs and made comments to the characters... although we did it quiet enough that no one could overhear us.

I'm going to go see the 4D version for my fourth (and last) viewing tomorrow b4 they pull the screens which means I'll have completed a grand slam for frozen (2D, 3D, 4DX and sing-along)  :D

You are so lucky... we only got to see 3D the 1st few weeks then it was pulled.

• Like 1

I think that's to be expected and part of the fun at a sing-a-long.  Most likely everyone has already seen the film and it's much more relaxed.  Me and my son sang alternate versions of some of the songs and made comments to the characters... although we did it quiet enough that no one could overhear us.

You are so lucky... we only got to see 3D the 1st few weeks then it was pulled.

I never got to see it in 3D  :(

Y'know, that actually sounds really cool. At the singalong I attended, I'm not sure anyone except my group of friends was singing along.

I've kinda been hoping that Frozen becomes the new Rocky Horror Picture Show: At least in the US, weekly showings at various theaters throughout the country and people come and do re-enactments while the film is playing and have specific responses to certain lines.

As awesome as that would be, I don't think frozen has enough of a cult appeal that RHPS seems to have. A re-release every winter would be excellent though! It's a great cinematic experience and I'm sure people would love it :)

I never got to see it in 3D  :(

3D really brings the snow in the movie to life :( I'm sorry you missed out on that

Edited by Rsyu

3D really brings the snow in the movie to life :( I'm sorry you missed out on that

Yeah the only movie I have ever seen in 3D was Avatar which I didn't really think enhanced the experience too much and since then I never felt like it was worth the extra money but everyone has been saying that Frozen looked awesome in that format. I suppose it makes sense that a beautifully  animated film like this would translate better in 3D than a live action. I'm bummed that I missed my chance but I guess it gives me something to look forward to if/when they re-release it in a few years.

Saw it in 3D a few times, but unless Disney announced a domestic 3D Blu-ray, I might not get the chance to again... at least not anytime soon.

Luckily, I think they're just hold back an announcement for a fall release.

I really did enjoy seeing it in 3D though. Of the 3D I've seen in films, I think I enjoyed it in Frozen and Tron: Legacy the most. The rest I've seen were good... impressive even... but I don't think they brought their worlds to life like those two did. It's a shame Disney and Lucasfilm are sitting on finished conversions of Clones and Sith...

I've seen Frozen in 3D all but a couple of showings. Most showings are still 3D here, only 1 early show is in 2D.

The 3D in Frozen is among the best, I think I'd only put Avatar's 3D higher. Every single scene in Avatar was crafted to use 3D to its full potential and it was shot as 3D, the movie is almost unwatchable in 2D.

3D in Frozen is beautiful, and used to near perfection, and I rarely like 3D since I usually feel it's just a money grab that adds very little to the movie, especially "converted" 3D. I see a ton of movies every year and since Avatar I'd say I've been truly happy with the 3D in maybe 4 or 5 movies.

I don't think seeing it in 3D makes the movie any better, however that said 3D was my preferred method of seeing it. Whilst it doesn't make a massive difference and you shouldn't be that disheartened by having not seen it in threed, it just had a rather nice subtle effect of feeling like you can see into the snowy world. And I think Gravity is literally the only other movie where I preferred it too. But I can't say I've enjoyed a screening of it more just because it was in 3D. So basically, it's better but doesn't make it any better?... Yeah, I do love coming to conclusions that make no sense. 

Also, Frozen is coming back to Lie-max here this weekend but it's a children and parents only screening. DAMNIT WHY DO I NOT HAVE KIDS YET. 

Edited by Dan9
  • Like 1

Saw it in 3D a few times, but unless Disney announced a domestic 3D Blu-ray, I might not get the chance to again... at least not anytime soon.

Luckily, I think they're just hold back an announcement for a fall release.

I really did enjoy seeing it in 3D though. Of the 3D I've seen in films, I think I enjoyed it in Frozen and Tron: Legacy the most. The rest I've seen were good... impressive even... but I don't think they brought their worlds to life like those two did. It's a shame Disney and Lucasfilm are sitting on finished conversions of Clones and Sith...

I've seen Frozen in 3D all but a couple of showings. Most showings are still 3D here, only 1 early show is in 2D.

The 3D in Frozen is among the best, I think I'd only put Avatar's 3D higher. Every single scene in Avatar was crafted to use 3D to its full potential and it was shot as 3D, the movie is almost unwatchable in 2D.

3D in Frozen is beautiful, and used to near perfection, and I rarely like 3D since I usually feel it's just a money grab that adds very little to the movie, especially "converted" 3D. I see a ton of movies every year and since Avatar I'd say I've been truly happy with the 3D in maybe 4 or 5 movies.

My all-time favorite use of 3D would have to be Coraline.  Stereoscopic 3D combined with forced perspective can have very interesting results.

Frozen's 3D (which was available only the first time I watched it) was nice, but I don't feel like I'm missing anything in 2D.

I don't think seeing it in 3D makes the movie any better, however that said 3D was my preferred method of seeing it. Whilst it doesn't make a massive difference and you shouldn't be that disheartened by having not seen it in threed, it just had a rather nice subtle effect of feeling like you can see into the snowy world. And I think Gravity is literally the only other movie where I preferred it too. But I can't say I've enjoyed a screening of it more just because it was in 3D. So basically, it's better but doesn't make it any better?... Yeah, I do love coming to conclusions that make no sense. 

Also, Frozen is coming back to Lie-max here this weekend but it's a children and parents only screening. DAMNIT WHY DO I NOT HAVE KIDS YET. 

Find a friend who has kids and tell them you'll take them off their hands for a few hours. ;)

FROZEN THURSDAY 6 MARCH DOMESTIC MILESTONES:

PASSES 390M

100 CONSECUTIVE DAYS IN TOP 10!!!  Only 4 movies have done better in past 20 years: Titanic, Chicago, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, and My Big Fat Greek Wedding. (yes, no Avatar, it end its run at 98).

Edited by edroger
  • Like 4