CJohn

Frozen OS thread

So,in the end for the huge majority of people in the world Frozen will be number one in Japan.And I will say the same as much as possible when it happens.Soon SA will be beaten by Frozen in dollars,so it will be all that matters.Frozen will beat SA very soon,rejoice :D

You get to a point where people don't even want to accept the truth and that is when you lose your faith in humanity.

• Like 2

Finally someone understood! :DSome people really need to get out more,they don't understand most of people are not like them and interesting in BO numbers that much.

Most people don't care about box office, regardless of currency. Of course I realise that most people don't care about box office like me, but I don't know anyone on this site who thinks otherwise. I also have no desire to fit in so that I could be more like "normal people".

As for currencies, Dollars are a good of comparing films in a bunch of different markets, but when talking about comparisons within the same market, then local currency is a more accurate representation of the situation.

• Like 1

Most people don't care about box office, regardless of currency. Of course I realise that most people don't care about box office like me, but I don't know anyone on this site who thinks otherwise. I also have no desire to fit in so that I could be more like "normal people".

As for currencies, Dollars are a good of comparing films in a bunch of different markets, but when talking about comparisons within the same market, then local currency is a more accurate representation of the situation.

for Japan you are right, but you would not say so in a market like Brazil

You get to a point where people don't even want to accept the truth and that is when you lose your faith in humanity.

I said the truth,just not YOUR truth.You just need to see people with a different opinion to lose faith in humanity? IMO this faith is lost when I see killers,rapers,dictators,terrorists..But I guess we don't have the same values.
  • Like 1

I said the truth,just not YOUR truth.You just need to see people with a different opinion to lose faith in humanity? IMO this faith is lost when I see killers,rapers,dictators,terrorists..But I guess we don't have the same values.

Truth is not relative. I presented an argument that the yen-to-usd exchange rate is irrelevant when we compare movies' grosses within Japan. I can not see any significant causal link between the two. If you provide a causal link between the two (e.g. that a change in exchange rate causes a change in the gross in yen), I'd be interested to listen. You are just saying: "if more people believe it, then that is the truth". So I guess the Earth was flat until people started believing it was spherical, at which point it changed shape. No matter how many people believe something wrong, you should never stop supporting what is true/accurate if you are sure about it.

The existence of killers, rapers, dictators etc is not a reason to lose your faith in humanity. You should lose it when you see the rest of the people supporting them instead of condemning them. Similarly, when someone is not aware of the truth, that can be fixed. But being aware and refusing to accept it, now that's a problem.

Edited by Quigley
  • Like 1

The existence of killers, rapers, dictators etc is not a reason to lose your faith in humanity. You should lose it when you see the rest of the people supporting them instead of condemning them. Similarly, when someone is not aware of the truth, that can be fixed. But being aware and refusing to accept it, now that's a problem.

Often men believe in the truth more convenient or refuse the one that goes against their interests. Me too, sometimes. Edited by edroger

Often men believe in the truth more convenient or refuse the one that goes against their interests. Me too, sometimes.

I agree with u. I never said that I'm perfect either, but especially truths that are so obvious (like grosses/records posted on trusted box office websites) are difficult to refute, if you have common sense.

Last Week UK Video Sales Charts News

http://www.homemediamagazine.com/research/jack-ryan-tops-british-video-charts-33396

Other titles in the Top 10 included Universal Studios Home Entertainment’s The Wolf of Wall Street in second place; Disney’s Frozen in the third spot with 47,000 discs12 Years a Slave (eOne) in the 6th spot; I, Frankenstein (EIV) in 8th position, and 21 Jump Street (Sony Pictures Home Entertainment) in 10th.

Year-to-date, Frozen remains the top-selling disc in the U.K. with more than 1.9 million units sold, followed by Warner Home Video’s The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug with 1 million units, and Lionsgate’s The Hunger Games: Catching Fire with 838,000 discs sold.

Past news - Frozen sold 1.5 million discs in April generating more than £17 million ($28.6 million) in revenue.

*Current Total revenue (estimate) --- about $36.2m

Frozen's dvd&bluray has sold more than THGCF+DOS combined total sales.

Edited by Hans13
  • Like 2

The dollar is the reserve currency of the world and hollywood is the primary movie maker for the world.most people (normal, as in non BO hobbyists, I got you on that fullbuster) will see lists of movies published from time to time that will show frozen on top in dollars. Ray suber cant keep his internation numbers straight. You think some writer is going to do extensive research when writing about top movies of all time. No. History is written by the winners, the people in control. The dollar and hollywood are in control. Japan will know SA is number one, the rest of the world will think Frozen is the biggest in any foriegn market. Unfortunately, truth is what the majority believes.Most people believe chemo can cure cancer.the truth is change of diet and juicing will reverse it or can prevent it from even happening, but people believe the doctors and the trillion dollar onchology business. I know people that were told they were going to die 10 years ago without chemo, 50/50 to survive 5 years with it. They are alive and heathy today after watching Gerson Miracle. The majority of people I tell dont believe it to be true. They are brainwashed sheep. Sheeple. Watch it. It makes sense, could save your life someday. Be the black sheep. Dont listen to big brother!The Gerson Miracle:

Frozen passes 5M Blu-ray sold in 3 weeks in North America (5,054,587 units and $101,360,772 total gross). It is the fastest title to reach this mark in BR history and the 4th biggest seller ever (easily will become #2 in next weeks).

• Like 1

2014 OS gross (at June, 22)

1  Frozen $580,4

2  The Amazing Spider-Man 2 $503.3 
3  X-Men: Days of Future Past $475.3 
4  Captain America: TWS       $454.0 
5  Rio 2   $342.0 
6  Maleficent $335.6 
7  Godzilla (2014)         $282.4 
8  Noah $255.0 

9  The Hobbit 2 $238,5

10 Frozen (Japan)    $232,4

• Like 2

After 29 week in release Frozen soundtrack passes 5 millions album sold all over the world. It's the world most selled album in 2014.

Regarding home video sales, data for first 4 weeks in release in North America tells that Frozen passed 10 millions of phisical disk sold: 10,690,776 units (50/50 DVD and BRD) for a gross of $188,530,977 (in cinemas $172,392,010 in the same period). Other, it is yet the 2nd most selled BRD ever here.

Edited by edroger
  • Like 1