CJohn

Frozen OS thread

Top markets for Frozen include South Korea ($72.8M), the UK ($62.9m), Germany ($47.7M), France ($42.5M), China ($36.2M), Russia ($33.3M), and Australia ($30.6M).

China numbers may not include the Sunday gross.

• Like 3

Looks like a week and a half until Frozen hits a billion. The next milestone will be beating The Lion King (with its rerelease) to become Walt Disney Animation Studios' biggest movie. But it should still have the bragging rights that it reached a billion before opening in Japan. :bop:

Edited by Mojoguy

So it needs 120 million to top Ice Age 4's OS gross. That might be tough. Japan would probably need to hit 90 million to do it.

Tough but definitely doable. It would basically have to match Monster's U over there which it will if Frozen connects with Japanese crowds anywhere close to the level it did in South Korea.

Since passing Toy Story 3 WW is basically a lock (barring an absolute and unexpected flop in Japan), what's a reasonable movie target? Skyfall?

According to what I was reading the last couple of days here about Frozen's expected performance in Japan I would say something between Avatar and Titanic :P
  • Like 1

Since passing Toy Story 3 WW is basically a lock (barring an absolute and unexpected flop in Japan), what's a reasonable movie target? Skyfall?

Yes, that clump of movies that grossed right above 1.1B (Skyfall, DOTM, and ROTK). If it breaks our pretty well in Japan, I think a comfortable #6 all time is doable.

Nothing on a Sing-Along for SK?

I don't think it's being released here unfortunately which is a shame because it would likely be a hit. The dubbed version is very popular over here also which would assure that kids (+their parents) would go see it.