ecstasy

Thursday Box Office

No one brought up TDKR before you did, so post backfired AA.

Sorry but TASM is a disappointment, not a bomb, not a success.

Definitely not the success that you thought it'd be. :rofl:

Hi truu. :D

Nobody?

I suppose. I still think TDKR will wipe it from existence, and I mean that literally. Who will care about TASM when the TDKR hype machine is in full force come this time next week?

Hancock wasn't in IMAX, and being a Will Smith film it was less of a direct competition to TDK compared to your average run-of-the-mill superhero movie. Also, the number of digital screens has increased dramatically since 2008. I can foresee a scenario where theaters would cancel Spidey showings over the weekend and give those extra screens to TDKR.

BTW my original "fanboy" prediction a year ago was 165/320m and my final prediction two weeks out was 150/280. What was your prediction, laughing boy? Oh, right, you don't make predictions, you just come in after the fact and laugh at those who did. ;)
  • Like 1

Asking AA and fellow TASM fans around here, anyone here is also an Orson Scott Card fan? I'm fangirling hard with him praising The Amazing Spider-Man like he did and most of all, owning all the "it's an unnecessary movie" naysayers with one single article. So much class. :wub:

Same shit, different day here on these forums. It's a perfectly banal development, I must say. The trite negativity from these Bat zealots shouldn't be taken so seriously, as it's of little to no consequence. Their comments & agenda are trivial at best, so I would strongly encourage everyone to just outright ignore them.

Curious tho, Batties, how do you feel 'bout Man of Steel? Does your comtempt apply there as well, or is it more selective?

• Like 1

Asking AA and fellow TASM fans around here, anyone here is also an Orson Scott Card fan?I'm fangirling hard with him praising The Amazing Spider-Man like he did and most of all, owning all the "it's an unnecessary movie" naysayers with one single article. So much class. :wub:

Sadly, in recent years, his turn towards the extreme right and anti-gay rhetoric has made me much less of a fan than I once was.But ENDER'S GAME is still a great book.

This reminds me of when Howard Stern was at it's peak and they were discussing fans and haters of the show, it went something like"Guy 1- Fans of the show listened to it for an average of 2 hoursGuy 2- and how long did people who despise Howard Stern listen?Guy 1- 3 hours"It seems people who really dislike something take far more interest in it than people who really like it, which just seems weird to me since if I actively dislike a movie I might glance at numbers and a few comments to see what the general opinion is, but I don't make countless post of "it's a bomb" or "legs are weak", etc.

Why the hell are you coming here with your stupid common sense and sound logic??? This is the internet, carajo!
  • Like 2

Sadly, in recent years, his turn towards the extreme right and anti-gay rhetoric has made me much less of a fan than I once was.But ENDER'S GAME is still a great book.

I'm actually aware of his right wing views and I couldn't disagree with him more about that. With that said, his praise for TASM came out of the left field and is arguably the best "review" about TASM that I've read, I'm a big fan of his writing and opinions when it comes to fiction and a huge critic of his politic views, pretty much how I feel about Frank Miller and John Byrne.

Asking AA and fellow TASM fans around here, anyone here is also an Orson Scott Card fan?I'm fangirling hard with him praising The Amazing Spider-Man like he did and most of all, owning all the "it's an unnecessary movie" naysayers with one single article. So much class. :wub:

Ender's Game is one of my all time favorite books (maybe even as high as #2 after Tailchaser's Song by Tad Williams) , so I am a fan, but I never really got into any of his other books much. Some of them were good, but just don't measure up anywhere near EG.As for OSC personally, I've heard whispers about his beliefs but I never really follow authors past their writing so I don't really have any opinion of him as a person. Edited by Incarnadine
  • Like 1

Hi truu. :DNobody?

RTX really? The fact that nobody else thought they needed to be responded to yet you have a mod who goes out on a rant eating troll's bread crumbs like a madman.

BTW my original "fanboy" prediction a year ago was 165/320m and my final prediction two weeks out was 150/280. What was your prediction, laughing boy? Oh, right, you don't make predictions, you just come in after the fact and laugh at those who did. ;)

I bet my number for TASM on 275M total, this was back in May. Didnt down "adjust" like you, for a Spidey fan that shows the confidence you have in the film. :rotfl:Next time son, come at me when you have something to stand on. In the mean time, I'll be sippin' a few drinks with baumer and laughing at you. Oh and keep spinnin'

Really, people? Some of you are going to boycott the next iteration of Batman films if they are not "original," just like you hate TASM because it's a "rehash"? Seriously...how original can you get with iconic superheroes? Sure, you could change the tone and the actors, and maybe tweak minor elements here and there, but every fucking version of Batman will be a dark, grimy tale about a Gotham millionaire orphan loner who dresses up as a bat, and most likely fights a man who paints his face like a clown. Every fucking version of Spider-man will be about a teenaged outsider who lives with his uncle Ben and aunt May, gets bitten by a radioactive/genetically engineered spider, and gets superpowers which he fails to use on a thug that ends up killing his uncle, and thus motivates the teenager to fight crime, and every fucking version of Superman will be about the last son of Krypton, who comes to Earth, is adopted by a nice couple in Kansas, and becomes the world's greatest superhero. Any changes made will be aesthetic and superficial, but it will always be the same ole stories. Let's not pretend that superhero films are original, because they are not, at least not the big icons. Not to mention that they almost always follow a very clear narrative arc. But by all means, continue peddling this unconvincing quest for "originality" in your Superman/Spider-man/Batman films.

• Like 6

Really, people? Some of you are going to boycott the next iteration of Batman films if they are not "original," just like you hate TASM because it's a "rehash"? Seriously...how original can you get with iconic superheroes? Sure, you could change the tone and the actors, and maybe tweak minor elements here and there, but every fucking version of Batman will be a dark, grimy tale about a Gotham millionaire orphan loner who dresses up as a bat, and most likely fights a man who paints his face like a clown. Every fucking version of Spider-man will be about a teenaged outsider who lives with his uncle Ben and aunt May, gets bitten by a radioactive/genetically engineered spider, and gets superpowers which he fails to use on a thug that ends up killing his uncle, and thus motivates the teenager to fight crime, and every fucking version of Superman will be about the last son of Krypton, who comes to Earth, is adopted by a nice couple in Kansas, and becomes the world's greatest superhero. Any changes made will be aesthetic and superficial, but it will always be the same ole stories. Let's not pretend that superhero films are original, because they are not, at least not the big icons. Not to mention that they almost always follow a very clear narrative arc. But by all means, continue peddling this unconvincing quest for "originality" in your Superman/Spider-man/Batman films.

Screw all of this, just give me Avengers and I'll watch it again.

Same shit, different day here on these forums. It's a perfectly banal development, I must say. The trite negativity from these Bat zealots shouldn't be taken so seriously, as it's of little to no consequence. Their comments & agenda are trivial at best, so I would strongly encourage everyone to just outright ignore them.

Curious tho, Batties, how do you feel 'bout Man of Steel? Does your comtempt apply there as well, or is it more selective?

Why don't you check the thread instead of asking questions people already know the answer too? ;)

Ender's Game is one of my all time favorite books (maybe even as high as #2 after Tailchaser's Song by Tad Williams) , so I am a fan, but I never really got into any of his other books much. Some of them were good, but just don't measure up anywhere near EG.As for OSC personally, I've heard whispers about his beliefs but I never really follow authors past their writing so I don't really have any opinion of him as a person.

Personally he is a prick. He is very much like Frank Miller to me. But as I've said, his article on TASM made me fangirl on him hard, it was so out of the left field, passionated and an exactly translation of how I feel about the Spider-Man films that I just couldn't help it. Speaker of the Dead and Ender's Shadow are all brilliant IMO.

1st 7 days to 2nd Thu holds:

TF1- 3.87%

TASM- 4.26%

Mid Week Openings

Mon to 2nd Thu holds:

TF1- 64.38%

BB- 67.53%

Hancock- 68.85%

TASM- 81.50%

It's doing "horribly".

Here is a number for you - 55% - the weekend drop if it follows Transformers, SM2, or Dark of the Moon.

RTX really? The fact that nobody else thought they needed to be responded to yet you have a mod who goes out on a rant eating troll's bread crumbs like a madman.

Not just RTX, unless you feel about Movieman, baumer and the rest the same way you feel about RTX.

I bet my number for TASM on 275M total, this was back in May. Didnt down "adjust" like you, for a Spidey fan that shows the confidence you have in the film. :rotfl:

Next time son, come at me when you have something to stand on. In the mean time, I'll be sippin' a few drinks with baumer and laughing at you. Oh and keep spinnin'

Link?

And I'm pretty sure B would rather have those drinks with me. ;)

P.S. On a more serious note, please don't call me "son". Only one man could ever call me that and he's not with us anymore. So I'd rather you not call me that word, even in jest, thanks.

• Like 1

Here is a number for you - 55% - the weekend drop if it follows Transformers, SM2, or Dark of the Moon.

I'd love to see you break that down for me. My numbers come out...a bit different using those films. ;)