CoolioD1

Emmy Nominations (2013)

Lead Actor in a Drama SeriesHugh Bonneville, Downton AbbeyBryan Cranston, Breaking BadJeff Daniels, The NewsroomJon Hamm, Mad MenKevin Spacey, House of CardsDamian Lewis, Homeland

Lead Actress in a Drama SeriesConnie Britton, NashvilleClaire Danes, HomelandElisabeth Moss, Mad MenMichelle Dockery, Downton AbbeyVera Farmiga, Bates MotelKerry Washington, ScandalRobin Wright, House of Cards

Outstanding Lead Actor In A Miniseries Or A MovieBenedict Cumberbatch, Parade's EndMichael Douglas, Behind The CandelabraMatt Damon, Behind The CandelabraToby Jones, The GirlAl Pacino, Phil Spector

Outstanding Lead Actress In A Miniseries Or A MovieJessica Lange, American Horror Story: AsylumLaura Linney, The Big C: HereafterHelen Mirren, Phil SpectorElisabeth Moss, Top of the LakeSigourney Weaver, Political Animals

Outstanding Host For A Reality Or Reality-Competition ProgramRyan Seacrest, American IdolBetty White, Betty White's Off Their RockersTom Bergeron, Dancing With The StarsHeidi Klum and Tim Gunn, Project RunwayCat Deeley, So You Think You Can DanceAnthony Bourdain, The Taste

Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy SeriesAlec Baldwin, 30 RockJason Bateman, Arrested DevelopmentLouis C.K., LouieDon Cheadle, House of LiesMatt LeBlanc, EpisodesJim Parsons, The Big Bang Theory

Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy SeriesLaura Dern, EnlightenedLena Dunham, GirlsEdie Falco, Nurse JackieTIna Fey, 30 RockJulia Louis-Dreyfus, VeepAmy Poehler, Parks and Recreation

Reality-Competition SeriesThe Amazing RaceDancing With the StarsProject RunwaySo You Think You Can DanceTop ChefThe Voice

Variety SeriesThe Colbert ReportThe Daily ShowLate Night With Jimmy FallonJimmy Kimmel LiveSaturday Night LiveReal Time With Bill Maher

Drama SeriesBreaking BadDownton AbbeyGame of ThronesHouse of CardsHomelandMad Men

Comedy Series30 RockThe Big BangGirlsLouieModern FamilyVeep

Miniseries or MovieAmerican Horror StoryBehind the CandelabraThe BiblePhil SpectorPolitical AnimalsTop of the Lake

Outstanding Supporting Actor In A Drama SeriesBobby Cannavale, Boardwalk EmpireJonathan Banks, Breaking BadAaron Paul, Breaking BadJim Carter, Downton AbbeyPeter Dinklage, Game Of ThronesMandy Patinkin, Homeland

Outstanding Supporting Actress In A Drama SeriesAnna Gunn, Breaking BadMaggie Smith, Downton AbbeyEmilia Clarke, Game Of ThronesChristine Baranski, The Good WifeMorena Baccarin, HomelandChristina Hendricks, Mad Men

Outstanding Guest Actor In A Drama SeriesNathan Lane, The Good WifeMichael J. Fox, The Good WifeRupert Friend, HomelandRobert Morse, Mad MenHarry Hamlin, Mad MenDan Bucatinsky, Scandal

Outstanding Supporting Actor In A Comedy SeriesAdam Driver, GirlsJesse Tyler Ferguson, Modern FamilyEd O'Neill, Modern FamilyTy Burrell, Modern FamilyBill Hader, Saturday Night LiveTony Hale, Veep

Outstanding Supporting Actress In A Comedy SeriesMayim Bialik, The Big Bang TheoryJane Lynch, GleeJulie Bowen, Modern FamilyMerritt Wever, Nurse JackieSofia Vergara, Modern FamilyJane Krakowski, 30 RockAnna Chlumsky, Veep

Outstanding Guest Actor In A Comedy SeriesBob Newhart, The Big Bang TheoryNathan Lane, Modern FamilyBobby Cannavale, Nurse JackieLouis C.K., Saturday Night LiveJustin Timberlake, Saturday Night LiveWill Forte, 30 Rock

Outstanding Guest Actress In A Drama SeriesMargo Martindale, The AmericansDiana Rigg, Game Of ThronesCarrie Preston, The Good WifeLinda Cardellini, Mad MenJane Fonda, The NewsroomJoan Cusack, Shameless

Outstanding Writing For A Drama SeriesGeorge Mastras, Breaking Bad • Dead FreightThomas Schnauz, Breaking Bad • Say My NameJulian Fellowes, Downton Abbey • Episode 4D.B. Weiss and David Benioff, Game Of Thrones • The Rains Of CastamereHenry Bromell, Homeland • Q&A 

Outstanding Directing For A Drama Series
Tim Van Patten, Boardwalk Empire • Margate Sands
Michelle MacLaren, Breaking Bad • Gliding Over All 
Jeremy Webb, Downton Abbey • Episode 4
Lesli Linka Glatter, Homeland • Q&A 
David Fincher, House Of Cards
Outstanding Guest Actress In A Comedy Series
Molly Shannon, Enlightened
Dot-Marie Jones, Glee
Melissa Leo, Louie 
Melissa McCarthy, Saturday Night Live
Kristen Wiig, Saturday Night Live 
Elaine Stritch, 30 Rock

Outstanding Writing For A Comedy Series
Jeffrey Klarik and David Crane, Episodes • Episode 209
Louis C.K and Pamela Adlon, Louie • Daddy's Girlfriend (Part 1)
Greg Daniels, The Office • Finale
Robert Carlock and Jack Burditt, 30 Rock • Hogcock!
Tina Fey and Tracey Wigfield, 30 Rock 

Outstanding Directing For A Comedy Series
Lena Dunham, Girls • On All Fours
Paris Barclay, Glee • Diva
Louis C.K., Louie • New Year's Eve
Gail Mancuso, Modern Family • Arrested
Beth McCarthy-Miller, 30 Rock • Hogcock! / Last Lunch

Outstanding Supporting Actor In A Miniseries Or A Movie
James Cromwell, American Horror Story: Asylum
Zachary Quinto, American Horror Story: Asylum
Scott Bakula, Behind The Candelabra
John Benjamin, The Big C: Hereafter
Peter Mullan, Top Of The Lake

Outstanding Supporting Actress In A Miniseries Or A Movie
Sarah Paulson, American Horror Story: Asylum
Imelda Staunton, The Girl
Ellen Burstyn, Political Animals
Charlotte Rampling, Restless
Alfre Woodard, Steel Magnolias

Outstanding Writing For A Miniseries, Movie Or A Dramatic Special
Richard LaGravenese Behind The Candelabra
Abi Morgan, The Hour
Tom Stoppard, Parade's End
David Mamet, Phil Spector
Gerard Lee and Jane Campion, Top Of The Lake

Outstanding Directing For A Miniseries, Movie Or A Dramatic Special
Steven Soderbergh, Behind The Candelabra
Julian Jarrold, The Girl
David Mamet, Phil Spector
Allison Anders, Ring Of Fire
Garth Davis and Jane Campion, Top Of The Lake • Part 5
Outstanding Variety Special
The Kennedy Center Honors 
Louis C.K.: Oh My God
Mel Brooks Strikes Back! With Mel Brooks And Alan Yentob
Saturday Night Live: Weekend Update Thursday (Part One) 
12-12-12: The Concert For Sandy Relief

Outstanding Writing For A Variety Series
The Colbert Report 
The Daily Show With Jon Stewart 
Jimmy Kimmel Live 
Portlandia
Real Time With Bill Maher 
Saturday Night Live

Outstanding Writing For A Variety Special
Louis C.K.: Oh My God
Night Of Too Many Stars: America Comes Together For Autism Programs
Saturday Night Live: Weekend Update Thursday (Part One) 
66th Annual Tony Awards

Outstanding Directing For A Variety Series
James Hoskinson, The Colbert Report
Chuck O'Neil, The Daily Show With Jon Stewart
Andy Fisher, Jimmy Kimmel Live
Jerry Foley, Late Show With David Letterman
Jonathan Krisel, Portlandia
Don Roy King, Saturday Night Live

Outstanding Directing For A Variety Special
Louis J. Horvitz, The Kennedy Center Honors
Hamish Hamilton and Bucky Gunts, London 2012 Olympic Games Opening Ceremony
Louis C.K, Louis C.K.: Oh My God
Don Mischer, The Oscars
Michael Dempsey, 12-12-12: The Concert For Sandy Relief
Edited by CoolioD1

Best nomination: Hector Salamanca got nominated in guest actor. HAHAHA WTF?? DINGDINGDINGDING.Seriously though, the comedy nominations are usually bad (though I love that writing category) but I'm happy for GIRLS and VEEP for getting into series. The drama side is mostly great stuff as usual, a little too much Downton Abbey love, oh and I don't know how GOT doesn't get a directing nomination for that Blackwater episode, but whatever - JARED HARRIS!

Edited by CoolioD1

That Drama Series category is brutal. In the "I'd hate to have to be the one to choose the best out of those" brutal way. All very solid shows. HBO and AMC are soooo much better overall with their drama series than any other networks.

Edited by Cozmees Everdeen
  • Like 1

That Drama Series category is brutal. In the "I'd hate to have to be the one to choose the best out of those" brutal. All very solid shows. HBO and AMC are soooo much better overall with their drama series than any other networks.

By a mile. It's uncanny. AMC especially- everything they touch is gold!

Parks and Rec was actually nominated last year. It's weird it didn't get in this year, since I thought it was much better.

Everyone's just inconsistent wih P&R. Every actor should be nominated from it and every episode for writing (a la MF).

Everyone's just inconsistent wih P&R. Every actor should be nominated from it and every episode for writing (a la MF).

Totally. It's a real shame that Modern Family always has to hog 4 nods in the supporting actor category because I would have loved to see Nick Offerman or Chris Pratt get in there.
  • Like 1

Totally. It's a real shame that Modern Family always has to hog 4 nods in the supporting actor category because I would have loved to see Nick Offerman or Chris Pratt get in there.

agreed. I like Modern Family but it shouldn't hog all the supporting actor nods.

This was my reaction to Community nor Parks and Recreation not getting nominated.

Posted Image

Would like to see Breaking Bad win for drama series. Mad Men however will probably win again.

I actually think if any show is gonna pull off an upset it's Downton Abbey. It's only got one less nomination than MM and all awards shows love British period dramas.