CoolioD1

Emmy Nominations (2013)

• Community Manager

No Community & Parks & Rec? Why don't the Emmy's nominated the 2 best comedies on TV??? COME ON. Its a lot harder to make people laugh in a single cam comedy then it is for a muti-cam sitcom. (TALKING TO YOU BIG BANG THEORY)

Considering the bad reputation that multi-cam shows have right now, it speaks more about the Big Bang Theory than anything else. While I definably think that Parks & Recreation got snubbed, I blame Girls-which to me is more of a drama than a comedy. As for Community, it was never going to get nominated for Best Comedy Series.

The Emmys just love to nominate the same series year after year and if they haven't nominated a mature show before, it's unlikely that they will in the future. A lot of shows like Glee (last season) and TBBT are just riding the momentum and getting nominated because they've been good and nominated in the past.

I'd like to see Game of Thrones win drama category but I know its very unlikely. It would require the Emmy voters to unclench and pull out the rods of steel in their asses.Love that Michael C Hall still got a nomination even though season 6 of Dexter wasn't that great. Its too bad Hugh Laurie missed out though.

The fact that Game of Thrones didn't get a Drama Directing (or Writing) nod for "Blackwater" makes this year's Emmys a total fail.Seriously, what other episode of the past 12 months essentially gave you as much bang for your buck with flawless direction and choreographed staging than that episode?

It's about time Aaron Paul got some Emmy recognition for Jessie Pinkman! Modern Family dominates again in the supporting actor/actress categories.

He already won an Emmy and has been nominated numerous times I believe. Though I'd be all for him winning again, I think Esposito also deserves a win on account of Paul having possibly two more chances depending on how the Season 5 split is handled. But there was some serious A-grade shit in the first half of S4 from Pinkman, no doubt.Also, HUGE pet peeve of mine, is common spelling mistakes in the names of great TV characters. It's spelled "Jesse", not "Jessie".

The fact that Game of Thrones didn't get a Drama Directing (or Writing) nod for "Blackwater" makes this year's Emmys a total fail.

I agree it should've been nominated for directing, but I don't think the writing was better than any of the shows actually nominated.

I agree it should've been nominated for directing, but I don't think the writing was better than any of the shows actually nominated.

Writing is more than just dialogue as you should know. The entire staging/implementation of Blackwater was phenomenal and loads of that is due to the script laying everything out in its directions.

Writing is more than just dialogue as you should know. The entire staging/implementation of Blackwater was phenomenal and loads of that is due to the script laying everything out in its directions.

Of course I know that. Blackwater had a great script but I don't think it was necessarily better than any of the scripts nominated. I'm more disappointed that episodes like Crawl Space or The Weekend didn't get nominated.

Wow. HBO didn't use Blackwater as one of their drama series submissions and Dinklage didn't use Blackwater as his acting submission. It's like they don't want to win anything!

Yeah, most of their submissions for GoT were the first 2 episodes. Fucking Fucking Fucking stupid thought process.Considering the second episode is probably the least liked episode of the season (with its infamous segue from a Theon sex scene right into a Littlefinger brothel sex scene) I'm surprised they even got a Drama nod.If I could have had my way, I'd have slotted Dinklage to Lead Actor, because that's what he was this season, pushed Alfie Alllen for Supporting Actor (using Episodes 3 and either 6 or 7 as submissions for him), and push Lena Headey for Supporting Actress based on her Blackwater scenes.

I agree that Dinklage should've gone for lead actor. He'd certainly deserve a nomination there over Hugh Bonneville, who isn't even a proper lead in Downton Abbey.I'm still shocked Dinklage didn't submit Blackwater though. That was easily his best work of the season, and I don't remember much about his performance in the episode he did submit, I'll have to watch it again.

I'm still shocked Dinklage didn't submit Blackwater though. That was easily his best work of the season, and I don't remember much about his performance in the episode he did submit, I'll have to watch it again.

It's because HBO submitted for him and other actors. He didn't submit on his own best as I can find out.http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/65269-hbo-selects-emmy-award-submissions/