CoolioD1

Emmy Nominations (2013)

I;m glad they didn't put Dinklage as lead actor. I prefer this to be an ensemble supporting cast. No leads.

Except that goes against the reality of the story. While the cast of characters is huge, there are clearly defined leading characters and Tyrion is one of them.

Except that goes against the reality of the story. While the cast of characters is huge, there are clearly defined leading characters and Tyrion is one of them.

This is true, but there roles aren't much bigger than a lot of the actual supporting cast. I don't think 5 minutes of screen time per episode deserves leading status whether they are central to the story or not.

Like I said, I doubt he wins for that one. Giancarlo submitted an episode that gives a sympathetic backstory to his usually villainous character (and barely has Aaron Paul in it) and the episode Jared Harris submitted was an emotional rollercoaster for him. Dinklage definitely would've been in contention if he submitted Blackwater. Shame.

Supporting actor is a stacked fucking category. What episode did Paul submit?

Hasn't been announced yet, but I saw an interview with him at Gold Derby where he said he wanted to go for Problem Dog. AMC might think differently but I think that's a good one to go with.

Damien Lewis's submission was REALLY good. As much as I love Cranston, I would love to see Lewis take lead actor. I've been a big fan of his since I saw BoB, and he's so great on Homeland. It's a shame he's been overshadowed by Claire Danes' showier role on that show.

Got this from Gold Derby that HBO wised-up and did a complete 180 on their GOT submissions.GAME OF THRONES * Season 2 * HBOTape A: "What is Dead May Never Die" & "Garden of Bones"Tape B: "The Old Gods and the New" & "A Man Without Honor"Tape C: "Blackwater" & "Valar Morghulis"Peter Dinklage - "Blackwater" There! That's much, much better.

Got this from Gold Derby that HBO wised-up and did a complete 180 on their GOT submissions.

GAME OF THRONES * Season 2 * HBO

Tape A: "What is Dead May Never Die" & "Garden of Bones"

Tape B: "The Old Gods and the New" & "A Man Without Honor"

Tape C: "Blackwater" & "Valar Morghulis"

Peter Dinklage - "Blackwater"

There! That's much, much better.

Very much better.

I'd probably rank What is Dead May Never Die (Episode 3) second-best of Season 2 after Blackwater. The Iron Islands scenes in that episode were just amazing, particularly this:

Posted Image

Lack of appreciation for GoT actors save The Dink is embarrassing. Emmy`s just proved they are insufferable star-fuckers like HFPA. Always nominating the same people and how the fuck Uma Thurman got a nod for her awful turn in abominable Smash? At least that overhyped shitfest didn`t get any major nomination.

• Like 2

Who should win (purely based on episodes actors submitted)Drama - Mad MenDrama Actor - Damien LewisDrama Actress - Claire DanesDrama Supporting Actor - Jared HarrisDrama Supporting Actress - Christina HendricksComedy - Curb Your EnthusiamComedy Actor - Louis CKComedy Actress - Amy Poehler Comedy Supporting Actor - Ty BurrellComedy Supporting Actress - Julie BowenUgh, those comedy categories are all sorts of messed up. And most of these probably won't happen anyway.

Edited by CoolioD1