Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

The problem is, a sellout may not be indicative of how a film is doing. If it runs at 90% capacity in a theater it isn't sold out, but its pretty much the same thing. The difficult thing for me, is we never sell out matinees in the Bay Area, so I have no way of comparing it to anything unless I see some. Once the evening rolls around I can make an Avengers comparison.

My gut reaction is this is $90m+ however. Which is an amazing number, without 3d etc.

I can't even imagine what it would have been with 3d.

Just got to work.We've only sold out two shows all day. We are at 1212 tickets sold so far.It will pick up tonight for sure, but i don't know by how much.

Was TA selling out many shows at this point?

Regal in NYC is still nutso. They sold out TDK for basically evening shows for 4 weeks.

They sold out basically through 11:40 tonight already (Hey what's another midnight viewing?). They'll probably sell out all the shows here except the 1Am and later shows. They have more screens here showing it than TDK did, as do most theaters, the TC for TDK was what 8k? This will be at minimum 25% higher over 10k. So it doesn't need sellouts to go crazy. TDK got $48m from the rest of its Fri. TDKR will get to $60m IMO with room to spare just based on extra showings.

Edited by lancer1997

Just got to work.We've only sold out two shows all day. We are at 1212 tickets sold so far.It will pick up tonight for sure, but i don't know by how much.

Do you know how that compares to Avengers at the same point in the day?

TA didn't sell out matinees either. If anything business here is bigger than TA's, since it sold out a 10:30 and 11 AM show this morning. It'll come down to night business obviously.

Yeah that's true. But Avengers was released while school was still going on. The matinees were nothing to write home about and it still made 80m for Friday so that meant the evening shows were off the charts. I can see TDKR doing 90m easily today. But we'll see.

If TDKR ends up in the 190s, that's indeed a great number, but there will be lots of discussion about what could have been.

For sure!2008 (and after) debate: Ledger's death give the OW record over SM3.2012 (and after) debate: Colorado prevented the OW record from TA.Batman fans will never know peace on these kind of forums.

Regal in NYC is still nutso. They sold out TDK for basically evening shows for 4 weeks.

They sold out basically through 11:40 tonight already (Hey what's another midnight viewing?). They'll probably sell out all the shows here except the 1Am and later shows. They have more screens here showing it than TDK did, as do most theaters, the TC for TDK was what 8k? This will be at minimum 25% higher over 10k. So it doesn't need sellouts to go crazy. TDK got $48m from the rest of its Fri. TDKR will get to $60m IMO with room to spare just based on extra showings.

Regal Union Square is a great one to watch for sell outs.

EXCLUSIVE… FRIDAY 2 PM, 8TH UPDATE: Based on matinee projections,The Dark Knight Rises. is looking to open with a gargantuan $80M-85M today (which includes $30.6M from midnights). That shatters Marvel’s The Avengersopening Friday of $62.1M. Hollywood is making weekend projections of $180M-$200M but Warner Bros and Legendary Pictures remain mute.