Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

Actually, there will be 2 factors on WOM:People, who saw the film previously the events of Colorado, had a better and comfortable expirience, butPeople, who saw the film TODAY and the ones who will do it in coming days, will probably get a bad taste from it because they could associate the unfortunate events of Colorado with the movie, which consequently will bring up in a bad experience, that means bad WOM

I would say that watching it and then getting out and immediately hearing that others who should have just experienced what you did were senselessly slaughtered isn't a comfortable experience

That is simply not true, and there is a huge correllation between the amount of violent crime America experiences and its (virtually non existant) gun control laws, but I will agree to disagree with you since I do not feel this is the right forum to have this discussion, or the right time all things considered.

Fair enough.

Actually, there will be 2 factors on WOM:People, who saw the film previously the events of Colorado, had a better and comfortable expirience, butPeople, who saw the film TODAY and the ones who will do it in coming days, will probably get a bad taste from it because they could associate the unfortunate events of Colorado with the movie, which consequently will bring up in a bad experience, that means bad WOM

I highly doubt there'll be any correlation between the events and the film for all but a very small amount of people. The insistence of the media to continually refer to the events as the "Batman shooting" and the like is however very sensationalist.

Forum is kind of dead now, sick this happened.

Even with Rentrack doing some reporting without WB reporting as well it's all just going to be one big weekend that plays as a guessing game till Monday actuals. I'm punching out, going to go do some reading.I'll be seeing TDKR tomorrow night at 6:05pm with 8 friends. We obviously aren't scarred.

without 3d how much will avengers would have made, because i still see a massive number here but this could be the most attended weekend ever for a film giving the not boost of 3d isn't it??

I believe it needs something in the 180-185M OW range to have the admission equivalent of The Avengers.

I would say that watching it and then getting out and immediately hearing that others who should have just experienced what you did were senselessly slaughtered isn't a comfortable experience

Nope. It was surreal. I was excited to get back midnight and check out numbers and then you get this news instead. My thoughts were holy shit that could have been me, and I also felt bad because these people were big fans just like me.

I believe it needs something in the 180-185M OW range to have the admission equivalent of The Avengers.

ohh ok thanks so i think i can but is hard depends on tonigths demand and i believe given all this a i will have a solid hold for sunday

Nope. It was surreal. I was excited to get back midnight and check out numbers and then you get this news instead. My thoughts were holy shit that could have been me, and I also felt bad because these people were big fans just like me.

This. I felt so lucky that my theater finally managed to get the movie up and running before the news broke. I think I missed the news by 10-15 minutes, and I walked out feeling completely happy, and when I wake up at 5am to check the forums, I see this, and my reaction was exactly like Clone's.

without 3d how much will avengers would have made, because i still see a massive number here but this could be the most attended weekend ever for a film giving the not boost of 3d isn't it??

It's looking that way.I must say I'm somewhat surprised and disappointed at the Friday number. Sequels tend to be frontloaded but it seems the shooting has dampened enthusiasm for the movie.I just felt that with all the sell out reports we got here that the TDKR would have done more on Friday.

I don't think that the shooting is in anyway hindering the movie's WOM. I've seen nothing but incredibly positive responses to the movie on the internet (mainly Facebook) today... many even claiming it to be better than TDK.I agree with WB not doing any reporting it's mostly a guessing game until Monday, so anything should really be taken with a grain of salt. If the numbers do end up being $75m or lower I will probably have to agree that the shootings did have a small effect on the walkups for today. (though I think it will just rebound in the long run with slightly better legs)

The tragedy likely affected it IMO. Its been all over all media outlets all day, calling it the Batman massacre. Headlines asking if it's really safe to go to the theaters this weekend?Media is causing a stir over the safety of this weekend which will easily keep moviegoers at home.