Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

Well, the estimate has been veering downward throughout the day...somewhere around a 80M total looks likely at this point. Having said that, no one really knows with certainty what effect the shooting is having, so it's probably best to sit back and wait for more concrete figures.

What was the initial estimate?

What was the initial estimate?

I believe the earliest estimate was in the 80-90M range, after which it has dropped to 80M according to Nikki and 75-80M...if you listen to Variety, which seems like a poor decision considering that track record. Pretty up in the air at this point.

Can't say the same for my showing. Audience seemed to really like her. And she was the only one out of the actors from the movie that was in the top trending topics on twitter.

If you say your audience laughed, then I believe you. I can say for a fact that my audience did not laugh once at any of her lines. And my audience clearly enjoyed the movie by the applause at the end of the movie and sprung to see in REAL IMAX (not the converted theater). So they would have laughed if they thought her lines were funny.Ironically, I thought Marion did a fine job (I saw above that you and Chewy didn't care for her as much). She didn't have any witty lines, so no reason to laugh at her lines. However, she competently handled the part that she was given. I have no criticism of her.

-The movie had great memorable moments.

- The casting was great. The acting was great all around (there was no one that was as bad as Anne Hathaway in TDKR), with the actors delivering their lines just right.

-The movie had witty lines and funny moments

- The action sequences were great. The action was great.

-The movie had a little bit of everything and everything worked perfectly. It was the definition of a great action movie.

Posted Image
  • Like 1

If you say your audience laughed, then I believe you. I can say for a fact that my audience did not laugh once at any of her lines. And my audience clearly enjoyed the movie by the applause at the end of the movie and sprung to see in REAL IMAX (not the converted theater). So they would have laughed if they thought her lines were funny.

Ironically, I thought Marion did a fine job (I saw above that you and Chewy didn't care for her as much). She didn't have any witty lines, so no reason to laugh at her lines. However, she competently handled the part that she was given. I have no criticism of her.

I agree though.

If you say your audience laughed, then I believe you. I can say for a fact that my audience did not laugh once at any of her lines. And my audience clearly enjoyed the movie by the applause at the end of the movie and sprung to see in REAL IMAX (not the converted theater). So they would have laughed if they thought her lines were funny.Ironically, I thought Marion did a fine job (I saw above that you and Chewy didn't care for her as much). She didn't have any witty lines, so no reason to laugh at her lines. However, she competently handled the part that she was given. I have no criticism of her.

Fair enough.

-The movie had great memorable moments.

- The casting was great. The acting was great all around (there was no one that was as bad as Anne Hathaway in TDKR), with the actors delivering their lines just right.

-The movie had witty lines and funny moments

- The action sequences were great. The action was great.

-The movie had a little bit of everything and everything worked perfectly. It was the definition of a great action movie.

Sorry you lost me when you said this

80-90m THR 80-85m Nikki 75m Variety

Wow, 75 would definitely be a bit disheartening. I do think the shooting, while not necessarily scaring that many people away from theaters, is sort of sucking the fun out of Batman at the moment. Not what this movie needs on OW.It sucks that we were robbed of a completely legitimate Avengers (Marvel) vs. Batman (DC) showdown.
  • Like 1

Audience reaction to Avengers opening weekend was much more energetic than what I saw today at TDKR, Obviously a very small sample size of course.

I don't doubt that. But I think reaction overall is fairly positive.