Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

If the numbers are blocked... is that a terrible sign? Like, is WB going to block out the numbers no matter how bad or record-breaking they are? Or are they only going to block them if they are meh?

They might even block them if they are record breaking because they probably want to distance the money this makes from the killings for as long possible which would be Monday.

The first 60 pages of the TASM thread were the most fun here all year and the first 60 pages of this thread were the worst.

That thread was pure gold, we need to frame it, and put it on a wall somewhere. :lol:

Maybe not exciting. Poor choice of words on my part. Their box office openings were more talked about and caused more excitement/meltdowns/flamewars than this. I'm specifically referring to ASM :lol:

I agree with you. I was here for 3 of the movies you listed in your post (wasn't here for John carter) and all had a lot of strong reactions after the first few days. With no solid numbers, it's tough to react to TDKR. It does hurt the discussion on this forum. Edited by Walt Disney

On Jan 1st, who would have guessed The Hunger Games, The Avengers, The Amazing Spiderman and John Carter to an extent would have been more exciting and talked about runs than The Dark Knight Rises on these forums?

Certainly not more talked about.

That thread was pure gold, we need to frame it, and put it on a wall somewhere. :lol:

Yep. I didn't care about that movie at all so I pretty much stopped following it after the first couple of days but Sony's Puerto Rico sent the forums over the edge. Good times.

No, it needs probably 185M+ depending on how much it makes in IMAX.

Well everyone keeps saying that, but I don't think its that high. The avengers had a pretty high 3D share after all....I think i worked it a while ago that was about 178M....slightly ahead of TDK and Spiderman 3. I'm too tired to figure it out at the moment though.....

Well everyone keeps saying that, but I don't think its that high. The avengers had a pretty high 3D share after all....I think i worked it a while ago that was about 178M....slightly ahead of TDK and Spiderman 3. I'm too tired to figure it out at the moment though.....

It's 185M+ I'm fairly certain, I have the calculations but I'm too lazy to find them.

I have it at around 182 adjusted for 3D, but not IMAX.

Sounds bout right, and TDKR will make much more money in IMAX than TA, pushing the 182 figure up to over 185 for the admissions record.

Just guessing here, but based on a very random sample (ie. people around us at the theater last night, and folks at Steak N Shake afterwards), WOM is going to be good, but not excellent. The consensus seemed to be that it was a good movie, but not as good as the previous one.I thought TDKR was a fantastic movie, but without posting any spoilers, I think there are a few segments in the movie that won't be loved by more casual moviegoers.This won't have as much repeat business as TDK had, and it's WOM won't be anywhere near as good as The Avengers.

• Like 2

Just guessing here, but based on a very random sample (ie. people around us at the theater last night, and folks at Steak N Shake afterwards), WOM is going to be good, but not excellent. The consensus seemed to be that it was a good movie, but not as good as the previous one.I thought TDKR was a fantastic movie, but without posting any spoilers, I think there are a few segments in the movie that won't be loved by more casual moviegoers.This won't have as much repeat business as TDK had, and it's WOM won't be anywhere near as good as The Avengers.

I think you're wrong. My theater exploded with positive reactions last night. Some people, such as myself, thought it was even better than TDK.Besides, it's the conclusion. Everything that happened in TDK leads to the ending of TDKR. I don't see why people wouldn't rush to see it... unless they are afraid of... yeah...

I live in Colorado and work at a Theater in Denver Colorado. It was Modly decent but we still had people returning tickets even though they added extra Security at our place.

People were returning tickets? Can they do that?That's super lame, you're far more likely to be killed driving to the cinema to return your tickets than anything else.