Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

How many people returned their tickets roughly at your cinema?If people who already had tickets are too scared to come to the theatre - then that's lame. I hope that isn't happening elsewhere in the country. I guess if you lived nearby to the shooting you might think there's a remote possibility of a copy-cat or an accomplice, but still.

Quite a Few I'd have to say more than 30 but less than 50. People though actually exchanged tickets to Earlier or Later Shows. Despite that every show almost still had over 100/200 people Edited by SuperBatman

Nice to hear,TDK has a great ending...

Any updates? I'm up to Variery and $75m or more.

How did your place do..Looking at Canada is useless this weekend, something wierd going on here. Big divergence between Canada and the US for this film today... Edited by Lordmandeep

8:30 AM. Sold out BTW. My sister is nervous about the shootings just like I am. We're going to ask the theater for some proof of strong security. If we're not happy with the situation, we'll skip the movie.

I was going to the Edwards on Sunday but fiance cancelled those plans.Edit: I'll still try to catch it sometime next week at Edwards. Edited by druv10

The victims were biggest Batman fans there. Sitting minding their own business at a midnight show.I saw a post by Creator. I agree with it. I would love to see Bale dressed up as Batman and visit the poor folks in the hospital.

That's actually a really brilliant idea.

8:30 AM. Sold out BTW. My sister is nervous about the shootings just like I am. We're going to ask the theater for some proof of strong security. If we're not happy with the situation, we'll skip the movie.

Not to be too insensitive, but why should a theater in Texas add extra security just because some nut job went on a killing spree in Denver? If anything guys like this seem to want to maximize casualties so I would think going 'off peak' would be pretty safe even if you're the lottery winning type that gets struck by lightning when walking out in the rain. He attacked a sold out show for a reason.I think what happened was terrible, but it doesn't make me want to avoid movie theaters. And I'm generally a pussy when it comes to risk taking. Edited by Adm56

The victims were biggest Batman fans there. Sitting minding their own business at a midnight show.I saw a post by Creator. I agree with it. I would love to see Bale dressed up as Batman and visit the poor folks in the hospital.

This would be awesome, somebody should email WB this suggestion.

I actually had a few paragraphs typed out about how you should NOT have some maniac controlling your life, how the chances of it happening again are lower than they were before the tragedy, and how as a batman fan this is one of your few opportunities...But then I realized it would be quite hypocritical of me to say "Don't let maniacs control you... but at the same time listen to what I have to say," so I'm just going to say have a nice weekend! Edited by superduperm

Ah.We got police at our showing today, but that doesn't mean much as it's pretty much the busiest theatre in a hundred miles, and we get Police for every major movie opening such as TA & DH2.

After watching all the evening news coverage, I just didn't like the constant comparisons of the violence in this film and previous Batman films to what happened yesterday morning.These were the horrific actions by one demented sick individual, no need to villianize an entire comic book franchise to sensationalize an already shocking and disturbing tragic event.

• Like 2

Not to be too insensitive, but why should a theater in Texas add extra security just because some nut job went on a killing spree in Denver? If anything guys like this seem to want to maximize casualties so I would think going 'off peak' would be pretty safe even if you're the lottery winning type that gets struck by lightning when walking out in the rain. He attacked a sold out show for a reason.I think what happened was terrible, but it doesn't make me want to avoid movie theaters.

Read my post again. The showing is sold out and it seats 400+.

After watching all the evening news coverage, I just didn't like the constant comparisons of the violence in this film and previous Batman films to what happened yesterday morning.These were the horrific actions by one demented sick individual, no need to villianize an entire comic book franchise to sensationalize an already shocking and disturbing tragic event.

To quote Mirren in The Queen, "Over Eager newspaper editors like to stir up the mood of the nation."

So if you watch it now you are insensitive? Watch it later and you're not?A lot of people are dying every day because people don't care. That's insensitivity.

Edited by kayumanggi
  • Like 1

Read my post again. The showing is sold out and it seats 400+.

So? It does not in any way mean someone is going to come in shooting. Safety is important but don't let one psycho's decision change your plans. TDKR had nothing to do with it....it could have been a sold out TASM screening or TA screening.
  • Like 1

This is so fucked up. This was supposed to be an epic weekend..asshole ruined everything. Can't believe some people are staying home out of some fear or even out of respect for victims. How is boycotting a movie showing them respect?

This. It makes no sense to me that people would let some lone nutter interupt their plans.I wasn't actually going to see the movie tonight cause I'm tired from work, I was going to see it Monday, but I've decided to go see it in a couple of hours out of solidarity.Letting people like this have any power over you is what they want - if you let them scare you, they've won!
  • Like 2