Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

I'd take something like BB/TDK/TDKR with an actual backstory over a "fun" and light SH film like TA. That's my main issue with Marvel as a whole (aside from ASM).

Nothing wrong with light and fun. That's what comics books are like for the most part. Besides some of the best superhero movies ever had been that way. First two Supermans, first two Spider-Mans, and Iron Man.TA also had 5 movies as backstory. ;) Edited by Mojoguy
  • Like 1

A poll might give some sort of indication of whether the film would have done better. I saw it before the shootings but it would have had no effect on me whatsoever. But maybe that's because I live in Australia where such a tragedy would be unimaginable today.

Whatever WB do, it will be seen as "too much" or "not enough".This thing overtook them and couldn't be predicted in pre-release suit meetings.Now, it will probably be used as new "hypothesis factor" in marketings meetings... :unsure:

So,

Estimates by studio now: "we don't respect families! We are greedy! We have no heart! We are cold businessmen!"

Actuals by studio in 2 days: "we showed our deep respect and our humanity. Talking about money is fine now".

Terribly stupid.

Worse:

Terribly hypocrital.

The point of not reporting numbers today is out of respect and it's hard to say "hey, look how much money we made yesterday!" when it was so shortly after said tragedy. But obviously business, etc. must go on so they'll humbly report the numbers on Monday I'm sure.

If people don't turn out for opening weekend as much isn't it safe to say we'll see some very soft drops?

Possibly, but I believe this will screw up its entire run. I think some people want nothing to do with this film now. Edited by pmoore

So someone finally caved in and gave Nikki some data , even thought I was thinking 80 hours ago i wouldnt be at this point going above the 77In brief TDKR was above TA in a few markets and quite a few it was just under, then there were ones with a bigger diff, in Canada Toronto TDKR was marginally behind TA,but Montreal bigger diff

Thanks.So 77M is as good a number as we are gonna get for now.

I agree but frankly seeing some comic book movies trying to be all dark and serious like TDK ruins them.

ASM is a good example IMO. The 'Dark Knight filter' they applied to Spider-man was a bit much.

Potter/Twilight redefine what frontloaded is and Batman should never be that frontloaded.

Well, it is not. But as far as superheroes go, Batman is the most frontloaded (again, i'm talking only about the internal weekend multiplier). If midnights go from 18m to 30m, obviously the post midnight gross wont follow suit (increase by the same percentage).

Well, it is not. But as far as superheroes go, Batman is the most frontloaded (again, i'm talking only about the internal weekend multiplier). If midnights go from 18m to 30m, obviously the post midnight gross wont follow suit (increase by the same percentage).

But to not even reach TDK?